Resolutions and Complications Part 3

Stiles and I were standing in the elevator in the hospital, trying to catch our breath while waiting for it to stop on the floor that Lydia was at. We needed to make sure  she was okay before going to find Scott. Once the elevator opened, we ran out and started making our way down the hall, only to be stopped by Sheriff Stilinski. 

"You know it's a good thing we're in a hospital because i'm going to kill you!" Sheriff Stilinski whispered/yelled to Stiles. I looked at them awkwardly while the Sheriff just nodded his head slightly at me. I shrugged my shoulders while giving him this apologetic look. 

"I'm sorry, I lost the keys to my jeep, we had to run all the way here.." Stiles tried coming up with an explanation. 

"I don't care!" The sheriff yelled at his son while I looked past them, my eyes focusing on what was behind him.

Lydia was laying there in her hospital bed, with her mother by her side who looked worried. Well of course she was worried, her daughter was attacked by a rabid animal, but she didn't know that. By the looks and sounds of the different machines inside Lydia's room, there must have been at least six machines hooked up to her. My heart ached a little. 

Lydia was a good friend, she didn't deserve to die, let alone get changed into a werewolf. 

"Is Lydia going to be okay..?" I asked Sheriff Stilinski while looking over at him, crossing my arms in front of my chest. Stiles looked at me before shrugging off his jacket and putting it around my arms. I smiled at him, thanking him slightly while the Sheriff let out a sigh. 

"They don't know.." Mr.Stilinski said running a hand through his hair. "partically because they don't know what happened. She lost a lot of blood but there's something else going on with her." 

Stiles and I exchanged a look before turning back to his dad. "What do you mean..?" 

"Doctor says it's like she's having an allergic reaction or something." Stiles dad began explaining. "She keeps going in and out of shock. Did either of you see anything? Do you have any idea who or what attacked her?" Stiles dad giving us an intense look, like he knew we knew something. 

Stiles and I looked at each other before shaking our heads. 

"No.." Stiles said, shaking his head but his dad gave us the look, the 'i don't believe that for one second' look. 

"Are you sure.?" Mr.Stilinski asked again. 

I could tell by Stiles heartbeat that he wasn't sure what to say to convince his dad. So, that's when I decided to step in.. and what i said next, i kind of regretted saying. "Yes, we're sure. We were inside making out by our lockers.." 

Stiles looked at me with shocked eyes while his dad just looked like he was about to pass out from embarrassment. It was embarrasing, believe me. But it was the only thing that would keep his dad from asking any more questions about us. 

Stiles dad coughed before trying his best not to look too awkward. "Well uhh...what about Scott..?" 

Stiles looked at his dad weird. "What about Scott?" 

"Did he see anything?" 

I could tell by the look on Stiles face that he was hurt. Stiles probably thought that everyone cared or loved Scott more than him.. And honestly I didn't blame him. It seemed that way from my point of view... I can only imagine what he must be thinking... 

"What are you talking about? Scott's not even here!" Stiles said raising his voice a little. Yeah, he was upset. 

"What? I've tried calling him on my cellphone. I've gotten no response." Mr.Stilinski said in frustration. He was obviously upset that he wasn't sure what the hell was happening in his town.