(¯'.._..(¯'.._..(¯'.._.. Chapter Five .._..'¯).._..'¯).._..'¯)

(Y/N)'s POV
I land on the ground and find myself lying on top of Aiden.

"Sorry!" I scramble to my feet. Aiden gets up and rubs his head.

"Where's Lukas?" Jesse asks.

"I-I," Aiden stutters.

"Lukas stayed behind to help Gabriel before we got pushed into the portal." I try to explain everything. I'm just hoping that they don't blame Aiden for it. "We don't know where he is now."

"I got scared for a second," Aiden confesses. I look over to him with an expression of sorrow.

"You got scared?" Jesse says with a hint of anger in her voice.

"It's not my fault!" Aiden defends himself.

"It's not your fault?" Jesse echoes, the anger getting stronger.

"Jesse! Calm down!" I say placing a hand on her shoulder. She takes a deep breath and hangs her head.

Just then, I start to see a figure coming through the portal. "It's Lukas!" I exclaim. Except, I am wrong. Out of the portal comes Ivor. "You," I snarl. "What are you doing here?"

"What do you think I'm doing here? I'm getting away from that monster!"

"Your monster!" I correct him.

"Ignore him! We have to find Lukas!" Jesse says, walking up to me.

"The blond!" Ivor says. "I saw him." My eyes widen in excitement. "I was running towards the portal, but he was trying to save someone being sucked up by a beam! Such heroism. Of course, there is a fine line between heroism and stupidity. And your friend has crossed it!"

"He'll be okay!" Jesse shouts, and I can hear her choking back tears. I put my arm around her and rub her shoulder. She lays her head on my arm in despair.

"Well, I'd wish you luck, but luck won't carry you through the Nether." He pulls out a potion. "You have my sympathies," he says before drinking the potion and vanishing. He drops the bottle and we have no idea where he is now.

"We have to go back and get Lukas!" Jesse says. "We can't—" She is cut off by her own scream as a tentacle bursts through the portal and breaks it, removing our only connection to Lukas and the rest of the world.

I hear a ghast call and I then can see it looking at us. "Run!" I scream. That seems to my most used word today. And dang, it's hard to run in a skirt.

We keep running as the ghast chases after us. We finally come to an opening, where there is a trail of minecarts. The ghast shoots a fireball at us and I dodge it, sending it flying towards the wall of netherrack. We run down to the minecarts and we each jump into separate ones. The carts start to move along the rail.

I've never really been fond of rollercoasters, or just riding in minecarts in general. Aiden is sitting in front of me while Fish is behind me, then Maya, Gill, and Jesse's in the back. {In order from back to front, that would be Jesse, Gill, Maya, Fish, you, Aiden}.

"Oh, gosh!" Aiden shouts.

"What?" I ask.

"That!" He points to a big section of rails, which drop almost straight down. I freeze in horror as we inch closer to the drop. Aiden's cart goes over the edge, and so does mine. I throw my arms around Aiden tightly and squeeze my eyes shut. I want to scream, but I can't. We are going at what seems like one million miles per hour. After a while, we slow down a bit.

"Is it over?" I manage to say.

"Yes, you can let go," Aiden says. I quickly retreat and my cheeks heat up. I hear Maya laughing from behind me.