▂▃▄▅▆▇Chapter Twenty-Three▇▆▅▄▃▂

(Y/N)'s POV
Just as I thought I was never going to have to get on a horse ever again, we're riding to Soren's fortress on them. But, I have to say—I am loving this armor, and my friends look amazing in theirs, too. Especially Aiden. . . .

Before long, we've reached the fortress. The Witherstorms are tearing it block-from-block.

"My poor fortress!" Soren cries.

"There are endermen, so . . . ," Aiden says, "our plan's working, right?"

"Shouldn't the endermen have destroyed those things by now?" Faith asks. "At least mostly?"

"Something's wrong," Ivor says.

"(Y/N), over here!" someone calls. I look up to see Gill, waving from atop a hill. He runs down to us.

"Gill, you're here!" Maya says excitedly.

I want to give her a sly look, but I'm in too close proximity to her. I have a feeling that even with this armor on, her punches will still hurt.

"Awesome armor, by the way," Gill says.

"Where's Ellegaard?" I ask.

"Oh, yeah, that's a crazy story," he says. "At first it was the usual plan—ride to Soren's fortress, yadda yadda. But then we realized . . . the endermen—they're not angry enough! Some of them are but most of them are just standing around, moving blocks. You know, being endermen."

"Blast!" Soren says.

"They've kept the main Storm busy," Gill continues, "but one of the smaller ones started attacking us. And Ellegaard ran off to fight that thing all by herself!"

"She's fighting a Witherstorm . . . alone?" Ivor asks.

"Yep, kept saying something about paying for the mistakes of the past—whatever that means," Gill says.

"Well, we can't just leave her to fight it alone!" Faith says. "We have to help her!"

Soren sighs. "Without the Command Block, none of us stand a chance."

"Say what now?" Gill asks.

"They're frauds," I say. "Fake. The whole Order."

"What?" he says.

"It's a long story," Aiden says.

"Which we definitely don't have time for right now," I say.

"Fine," Gill pouts. "Hey, uh, you wouldn't have happened to check on Lukas and Jesse, would you?"

"No, we came straight here," Maya says.

"Geez, I hope they're all right," Aiden says.

"They will be," I say, "once we destroy that Command Block."

"So, what's the plan?" Gill asks.

"We use this!" I pull out one of the pickaxes.

"Whoa, that is the absolute coolest thing I have ever seen," Gill says.

"We also got you this," I show him the armor Ivor gave us for Gill.

"You're joking!" he says.

"Nope!"

He takes the armor and holds it like it's made of gold. He puts it on and I give him a thumbs up.

"Y'all ready to go defeat this thing?" I say. "Let's go."

*~*~*~*

I stare up at the giant beasts. "So, where's the Command Block?"