▂▃▄▅▆▇Chapter Twenty-Two▇▆▅▄▃▂

(Y/N)'s POV
We climb a small staircase and enter the door to Ivor's lab. Inside are shelves and shelves of books and potions. Glowstone around the room emits an eerie glare.

"We should probably be careful," Aiden says. "You never know what might be a trap."

"Agreed," I say. "Let's find that enchanting book."

I walk through the paths of shelves, running my hand along the spines. None of the books seem like enchanting books. In the back of the room, I find a hole—and in it, a trail of redstone dust.

"Hey, Maya!" I call.

"Yeah?" she says as she walks over to me. "What's up?"

I point to the hole.

"Redstone?" she says. "Huh . . . it looks like you could put a lever here and it'll do something."

"You wouldn't happen to have a lever on you, would you?" I ask.

"I don't just carry levers around with me, (Y/N)," she says.

"Just thought I'd ask," I say. "Wait—there's a chest. I'll go look in there."

I head towards the chest, but take a detour {Oh, why did I have to say that? :( *is sad now*} to pat Fish, who is curled up by a small curtain of lava. Afterwards, I continue my trek over to the chest. I look inside, and what do you know? There's two wooden planks and cobblestone. And right next to the chest is a crafting table. I firstly make some sticks and then craft the lever. Then I place the lever next to the hole. The redstone lights up. I crack my knuckles in preparation as everyone gathers around then throw the lever.

The lava curtain disappears and a staircase is revealed, making Fish jump up and to my legs.

"A secret passageway . . . ," Faith mumbles.

"Why would you build a secret passage in a house no one ever visits?" Maya says.

"Why not?" I say. "Secret passageways are cool."

"Good point," she shrugs.

Soren starts descending the stairs and Fish and I follow him. About halfway down, I see tripwire on the step.

"Soren, watch out for the—," I try to warn him, but it's too late. He steps on the tripwire, which makes the door at the top of the stairs close. "Tripwire. Watch out for the tripwire."

I spin around to face the wall blocking us from our friends. "Are y'all okay up there?"

"Yeah, but the lever's not working," Aiden says.

I shoot a look towards Soren and he shrugs innocently.

"Just stay where you are," I say. "We'll go down and see what we can find."

We continue walking down the stairs. At the bottom is a hallway with lots of interesting items on pedestals.

"What are these things?" I ask.

"Incredible!" Soren says. "He's gathered them all in one place!"

"What are they?" I ask again.

"Treasures of the Order of the Stone!" he says. He walks down the aisle, looking at each of the things. "The stories I could tell about these dusty old things . . ."

"But there's no enchanting book," I say. "Maybe through that door?" I gesture to a pair of iron doors.

He tries the handle. "Locked."

"There must be some way to open it," I say.

I look around at the items. I stop on prismarine crystals. "Prismarine crystals . . . you can only get these underwater, right?"