,.-~*'¨¯¨'*.~-.¸-Chapter Seven-,.-~*'¨¯¨'*.~-.¸

(Y/N)'s POV
"Maya," I answer.

"Ha!" She whips around to Gill. "In your face, Gill!" I snicker at her.

"Good choice, (Y/N)," Aiden starts a joke. "We'll need someone who can actually use redstone."

"Ha-ha," I say. "Come on, Maya. We should head out."

We say our goodbyes. Aiden hugs me, which I, of course, really enjoy. I'm also definitely blushing.

We start walking. I see Maya turn her head around and stick her tongue out at Gill.

"Oh, and, (Y/N)?" Aiden stops us.

"Yeah?" I reply, turning around.

"Just . . . stay safe."

"Of course." I turn back around to start walking again. "I'll try," I mumble.

"And," Jesse adds, "please hurry."

I glance at where the walls once were to see a giant black silhouette in the distance.

The Witherstorm.

I nod and run back to where we found the portal before, Maya and Fish following behind.

*~*~*~*

We're on our way to Redstonia. The three of us are in two minecarts. Maya is behind me and I'm holding Fish. I think Maya is talking to me, but I'm tuning her out. I look straight forward at nothing, thinking about Aiden. Who else?

I think about the dreams I had last night and the night before. The kiss obviously wasn't real, but it felt real. As if it could happen, as if it would happen. I wonder if I'll have the same dream again tonight.

I think about this morning in the bathroom, which makes me smile. The way he teases me. . . . It always used to make me angry, and that would lead to even more teasing. Now, it makes me feel happy. Like little butterflies flying around in my stomach. Just like they are now. Flap, flap. I love the feeling.

I think about how he trusted me with his secret place. And that he's never told anyone but me. And when he pulled me into the water and we kept splashing each other. And after we left, he helped me when I was terrified to jump off the bridge. And on the way here, he comforted me after the minecart ride when I felt like crying. The numerous times he was there for me, and when I was there for him. I have a feeling that on our journey, there's going to be more where that came from.

I think about how Maya always teases me. Is that why I like him now? I mean, I've never felt this way towards him, and Maya's been teasing me ever since I met her. But, why start liking him now, after all these years? Although, to be honest, now that I like Aiden, I kind of like when she teases us. I show her that it makes me mad, but on the inside I feel exhilarated, almost. How whenever she says we're dating, I want it to be true, but I know it's not. I don't know why I like it. Maybe it's just simply because I like being teased by my friends. Or maybe it's because I like to know that Aiden and I could be a thing, and her teasing confirms it. And she's not the only one who does it. Lukas does it often, too, but mostly when I joke about him and Jesse. Like, when they do it, I feel like I'm not the only one who thinks Aiden and I could be together. . . .

It's as if I can hear him saying my name, his voice sweeter than sugar. "(Y/N), (Y/N), (Y/N), (Y/N)."

Then I realize that the voice isn't only in my head.

"(Y/N)!" Maya shouts.

"What?" I say with a jump, turning to face her.

"Holy cow, (Y/N)! Have you even been listening to me at all?"