»-(¯'·.·'¯)->Chapter Seventeen<-(¯'·.·'¯)-«

(Y/N)'s POV
We're thrown out of the portal and back into Soren's fortress.

I let out a relieved sigh. "We made it."

"Making it is relative," Soren says.

Monsters from before start stumbling into the room we stand in. Jesse gasps.

"Ugh, stupid monsters!" I pull out my sword and kill a zombie.

Two skeletons draw their bows. I duck behind the doorframe just in time for them to miss me.

"Not to rain on the monster-parade," I say, "but can we grab this Formidibomb and get out of here?"

"One small problem," Soren says, killing a zombie that sneaks up behind him. "Tiny, really. Miniscule, even. I haven't actually built it yet."

"That's a 'small' problem?" I ask rhetorically.

"You seem like a person who appreciates stuff that's cool for no reason."

"I guess?"

"Go ahead and throw that lever behind you!" He gestures to a lever in the doorframe.

I hit the lever with my sword.

"Hold on to your socks," Soren says, "because they're about to get blown off!"

Pumpkins drop down onto T-shaped figures of iron blocks, creating iron golems one-by-one. It reminds me uncomfortably of Ivor.

The iron golems kill the zombies and skeletons, smacking zombies into the wall and crushing skeletons into a million pieces.

"That was—," Aiden and I say in unison, except I end the sentence with "terrifying" and he ends it with "awesome".

"Yeah, 'terrifying', that's what I meant," he says.

I giggle. "Sure."

The iron golems clear away and we walk through to the room filled with Soren's items.

"Do you hear that?" Gill asks.

"Hear what?" I ask. "You talking?"

"I think we hear that too much," Aiden laughs.

I laugh and high-five him.

"No," Gill says, "all that stuff whispering, 'Take me. Take me now.'"

"I think it's saying, 'Maya should get to take more than Gill'," Maya says.

I roll my eyes. "I know this is going to sound totally crazy, but I think we should just stick to finding the ingredients to the Formidibomb."

"Yeah, you're right, that does sound crazy," Gill snorts.

"I'll just fetch the Super TNT," Soren says. "It's right up there." He points to a high shelf with a few chests.

"And how are you going to reach it?" I ask.

"Oh, I have my ways. . . ."

The iron golems form some sort of ladder, of which Soren climbs to get to the shelf.

"Oh, and, feel free to help yourselves," he calls down to us, counteracting my orders to not take anything. "Just keep an eye out for the gunpowder we'll need to make the Formidibomb."

Maya and Gill run off to search through the chests, fighting over who gets what. I, instead, make myself helpful by searching for gunpowder. I find four in one chest and four in another. Then, out of pure curiosity, I push a button beside the second chest. The wall opens up and reveals eight minecarts.