»-(¯'·.·'¯)->Chapter Sixteen<-(¯'·.·'¯)-«

(Y/N)'s POV
I slowly open my eyes. Last thing I remember is being outside with the endermen. Now, I'm lying on the floor back inside the room with a pounding headache. I sit up with a groan.

"(Y/N)!" Aiden rushes over to me. "You're awake!"

Another man follows Aiden. Soren. The one who knocked me unconscious.

"I don't think it will bruise," he says. "You're face, I mean."

"You must be Soren," I say.

"I am Soren," he says, "but must I be? Sometimes I'd rather be anything but Soren . . . ooh, like a donkey, for example."

"Yeah, okay." So, I guess being alone with endermen and having no contact with any human being makes you . . . how can I put this in the nicest way possible?

Totally bonkers.

"Where are the others?" I ask Aiden.

Instead, Soren answers with, "Stomping around, uninvited."

"Yeah, they're still out there," Aiden says. "I just figured I would stay here to make sure you were okay."

I smile. "Thanks."

"Are you two, you know, together?" Soren asks.

Aiden's face goes a bright shade of pink, and I'm sure mine does, too.

"What?" I say, much too quickly. "Aiden and I? No, we're— we're not— we're not boyfriend and girlfriend!"

"Oh, my mistake," Soren says, smugness written all over his face.

"We— the world is in danger," I say, forgetting that moment.

"Oh?" he asks. "What else is new? Whatever your issue is—whatever your problem—it has occurred before, and has been solved before." He hesitates. "Even so, what do you need me for?"

"We need you to help us save the world," I say.

"How?"

"The Formidibomb."

He pauses for a long while. I look around, waiting for an answer. The endermen outside are all staring at us, glaring with their beady purple eyes.

"There's a Witherstorm out there and it's eating the world," Aiden says when Soren never replies with anything.

"Ah, I see," Soren says. "You misspoke. You don't need me. You need my stuff. I've found that when you give people what they want, they turn on you."

"I won't do that," I say. "I would never do that."

"Yeah," Aiden says, "(Y/N) is a good friend."

"It's only natural," Soren says. "It's why I prefer endermen. They always do what you expect, almost to a fault. You're a stranger."

"I have an adorable cat!" I gesture to Fish, who perks up when he hears the word "cat". Hey, who can resist a cat?

"I was wondering about that. If you came to 'save the world', why bring a cat?"

"He's my friend."

"Of course. I used to have those."

That makes me sad. "Gabriel asked me to get the Order of the Stone back together."

"The Order of the Stone?" Soren echoes. "They asked for me?"

I think for a moment. "Well, yeah, Ellegaard is your friend."

"Hm, I don't know. Does she ever talk about me?"

"Uh, yeah." Well, it's not totally lying. We did talk about him a little before heading to his fortress.