{Don't Let Go} Sniper X Werewolf!Reader

A/N
Requested by scifiEnchantress!
I hope you enjoy!

You felt the tingling sensation in your stomach. Panic surged through you as you realized what it meant.

"Dammit, not now!!" You internally shouted at yourself.

You looked frantically around.

The full moon glared at the campsite, and all the mercenaries were gathered around the lapping campfire, with Engie gently playing the guitar. Pale orange light flickered on each of their faces.

You guys were given your annual one-day break, and since all your families lived more than one days worth of travel away, you all decided to spend it together. Well, almost everyone. Sniper was off on a hill in his camper, probably sleeping- or something of the like.

A sharp pain ripped through your skull, and you started getting dizzy. On reflex, your hand shot up to your head. "Damnit..." you mumbled. You tried to train your eyes to focus on the steadily lapping flames, but all you saw was a frantic buzz of yellow and red. You stood up from the log you were sitting on, and excused yourself. A few of the mercs gave questioning or concerned looks, but you kept stumbling on.

As soon as you were far enough away not to be seen, you sprinted as fast as you could. Once the change happened, your human mind was taken over. You never found a way to take control of the change or your mind during the process. It always happened on a full moon. Why did the one vacation of the year have to be on a full moon?!

Another rip of pain shot through your head. It felt like a nightmare steed was galloping through your mind, stomping on all your veins and cutting through them with its sharp hooves.

The woods sped by on either side, and the pain pushed you to run faster. It was going to happen soon, and your werewolf smell definitely would sense the mercenaries since you were still very close.

Suddenly, you tripped on a large vine sticking out from a tree. You stumbled, crashing through the deep green undergrowth, shaking leaves. You shot out the other side of the undergrowth, tumbling, scratches covering you. You were rolling like a stone down a grassy hill and came to a screeching halt as you slammed against a tree. It's old wood chipped off, some sticking into you. It hurt, but not as much as the pain you were about to experience.

The looming woods all around you started to grow taller and warp, and your eyes rolled around your skull. Trees seemed to inch closer and push in, making it seem like the cluster of trees was a dark army. Your stomach dropped, the pits of it starting to growl primally.

You grasped your heart locket necklace Sniper had given you as a welcome present to the team and smiled faintly.

"God damnit.." you choked, regret etching your voice.

Suddenly, you dropped into an all fours position, your back arching in pain. Your internal organs were stretching out, moving around, and temporarily shutting down to the point where you started to choke. Your heart was pulsing, and you could feel it pound as it moved around in your rib cage, moving over it and pushing against your skin.

Every breath felt like you were shrouded in smoke, with no way out. Or even drowning underwater, unable to breathe at all.

Your arms began to ache, and the bones inside started to elongate, ripping through your skin. Some fluid, crimson blood spattered onto the dusty forest floor as bones stuck out, forming bony wolf paws, that soon covered in muscle, veins, skin and fur.

The deafening screams you heard weren't even recognizable as your own anymore as your vocal cords stretched, ripped, and reformed to produce more wolf-like sounds. You craned your neck at the sky, howling in agony as the transformation continued.