{Pancakes!} Engineer X Reader

Requested by AussieMedic!

He stared at you.

"What in tarnation are ya' wearin'?"

Your face reddened, and you mumbled some inaudible words, stomping past him with tears in your eyes. Covering you were baseballs duck-taped to you along with a mustache drawn on your face, and a sandvich for a hat. A butterfly knife was stuck through your sleeves, keeping your hands together, and Archimedes was pecking at the sandvich on your head.

"This is what I get for falling asleep on the couch!" You shouted back, choking back the tears. But Engineer could tell you were upset. You were embarrassed in front of everyone! Especially Engie.

Engineer just stood where he was, dumbfounded. He was going to get to the bottom of this.

Walking to the living area, he saw all the mercenaries, dying with laughter.

"Pff, did jou see zhe look on zhe fraüleins face?!"

"Da!!"

"Haha, classic Scout!"

"Zhis was even funnier zen pranking 'ou, Scout!"

Engineer sat in the doorway, and put his hands on his hips.

"Now, boys, don't you think that was a little rude?"

The men failed to notice Engineer, all laughing at poor (y/n)'s embarrassment. Engineer cleared his throat, and spoke louder.

"Hey, y'all!" He shouted. That got their attention, and they all stared at him.

"What?" Scout said, picking up his baseball bat and flinging it over his shoulder.

"Now, was it really necessary to go pranking (y/n) like that?"

The men all roared with laughter, wiping shed tears.

"Hey!! Y'all know that really upset her!" Engineer shouted, getting their attention again.

"What? No! She was walkin' outta here laughin'!" Scout protested. Engineer sighed, and took off his hat. Spy looked thoughtful for a moment, then turned to the men.

"'Ou know, (y/n) did seem a little upset, non?" Engineer nodded, and the men started nervously shifting their gazes away.

"Now, y'all better apologize, or things are gunna get real ugly, real fast. Y'hear?" Engineer said, gripping his helmet tightly.

"Aw, does leetle hard hat have crush on baby (y/n)?" Heavy cooed. The men started to laugh, and Engineer lost it.

"Damn dag nabbit flaggit.!!!" He threw his hat down, and the men laughed at his 'colorful' words.

"Y'all 'll get what's comin' to yah, just you see..!!"

                                • • •

The next morning, everyone woke up like normal, getting ready for a ceasefire day. A day to relax, train, and of course- eat Engie's famous morning pancakes!

The smell of pancakes wafted throughout the base, and soon the dining area was filled with eight starving men hungrily surrounding the table. You, however, were still too embarrassed to come down.

Engineer walked out of the kitchen into the dining room.

"Well, you guys must be more starved than a hungry coyote in Russia!" Engineer laughed.