Attention

Victor sat at his booth hopelessly starring at the Japanese waiter a few tables down.
The man seemed not to notice the Russian.
as he continued to assist a rather obnoxious couple, who appeared to be complaining about their honeymoon.

Even when faced with such rude customers the man seemed to deal with it extremely well.
The couple lowered their tone, seemingly satisfied enough after a few short minutes of the waiter's soothing words.

When the man retreated back into the presumed 'kitchen' area, Victor fixed his hair and clothes up (not that he had to.).
After what felt like forever a waitress came out of the back room.
While he would have preferred to see his black haired beauty emerge from the drapes  he was just happy to finally eat.

The woman placed a heaping bowl of fried pork, egg, peas, and rice in front of him.
"Wow!" Victor gaped at the giant serving in amazement.
The woman gave an amused look at the Russians enthusiasm.
"That's our Yu-topia specialty the 'xL pork cutlet bowl', please enjoy sir." .
Mari says, obviously Half assing her 'enthusiastic' tone.

After Mari leaves to handle another customer, Victor's attention is brought back to the mysterious waiter, that had come back from the kitchen while he was briefly talking to Mari.

Victor totally forgot about his food despite being ferociously hungry only a moment earlier.
Somehow he had more of an appetite for this stranger's  attention.

Victor's first attempt was to simply call him over for assistance.
The Russian hoots at the waiter to come over, although instead of the man turning his head to look at him... Mari is closer by and shuffles towards his table.
"You needed assistance?" She asks, obviously in a hurry.

"Ah.. yes.. can I have some more tea please?"
Victor asks , giving her a guilty smile as she walks away to get him a refill.

'So plan #1 didn't work, big deal.
Like they always say second is the best right?'

As he attempted for a second time to get the man's attention he tries a more subtle approach.
This time Victor simply does his best to make eye contact, starting (a bit creepily to be frank) until eventually the man notices for a split second.
He offers a quick smile and Victor looks away, pretending as if the eye contact was 'accidental'.
Hoping that the man would get a good look and come talk to him.
(Modest)

The Waiter didn't seem to get a good look because he didn't glance back, not even once! Victor pouted to himself.
'Alright not the best but hey that was progress! Remember, 3rd times the charm.'

Victor took a sip of his newly arrived tea, and not so subtlety 'drops' his cup on the floor.
The mans attention is finally brought to Victor.
This time he looks straight at the Russian , then turns around, seemingly about to go get some help, or something to clean the tea up.

Just as he turns around the man does a double take.
The waiters eyes widen, and Victor forgets his plan to look away and seem cool and mysterious~
Instead losing himself in those brown eyes.
The two seem to have a moment, Victor can't help but think of how much he'd like to drag him behind those drapes and—
The two snap out of their daze, both simultaneously looking away with a bloom of pink across their cheeks.
Shit

The waiter's attention was brought back to the spill and he hurried off to get a towel as Victor slapped himself internally.

When the waiter returned , Victor placed the cup on the table apologizing profusely.
"It's fine, it happens all the time."
The man smiled up at him reassuringly.

Just as the waiter finished up and was about to head back to the kitchen Victor stopped him.
"Wait, I didn't happen to catch your name?" Victor said flirtatiously.
The man blushed slightly, tilting his head away nervously. "Yuri, Yuri Katsuki.." he replied.

"My what a lovely name! I'm Victor, Victor Nikiforov! Pleasure to make your acquaintance" The Russian exclaimed with a wink.
"Thanks.. it was nice meeting you...Victor.."
Yuri gave him a warm smile and headed back to the kitchen blushing madly.

Victor was hopelessly infatuated with this man.
The Russian slumped back into his chair with a longing sigh.

Yuri stumbled into the kitchen, face red as spider lilies.
"Holy.. I just met the most beautiful man on earth.." he whisper shouted to Mari.
"Table 6?" Mari chuckled.
As to of which Yuri replied with a curt nod.

"Yuri! Mari!" A voice was heard from behind the siblings.
They both turned to see it was Hiroko.
"Oh! Hi Mom, what is it?"
Yuri replies.
"There is someone special I want you two to meet! Come with me!" Hiroko exclaimed enthusiastically.

The two followed their mother out to the dining area, making their way to table 6.
The siblings shared confused glances at each other.

Hiroko smiles down at the Russian guest receiving a bright grin in response.
"Yuri, Mari, this is Victor Nikiforov.
Starting today He's going to be staying with us."

It took several moments for his mothers words to sink in.
Once they did.. Yuri's jaw dropped to the floor. this godlike human being he'd only met a few seconds ago is now going to be living with him.
The two were speachless.
"Mr. Nikiforov is a competitive figure skater! And an Olympian gold medalist! Isn't that amazing!".

Yuri practically fainted and he's famous??!

"Sorry it's so sudden but due to certain circumstances, Mr. Nikiforov is going to be living with us I hope that's not a problem! I know I should have discussed it with you two more.."

"I'm fine with it." Mari says giving a subtle glance at her brother, nudging his shoulder teasingly.
"Uh yeah...me too." Yuri added, bashfully looking down at the floor.

After Victor's meal Hiroko showed him his room and helped him get settled in.

———

The Russian lay awake on his futon, thinking about the beautiful waiter and his doomed feelings.
Yuri isn't his soulmate, so he shouldn't pursue this man.
But something about Yuri made Victor want to at least get to know him.
After all they are going to be living under the same roof...