Stay close to me🎵

"Ahh... hot springs are so exotic!" Victor gleams as he sinks into the steaming water and Yuri leans back against a rock.
"Even though I grew up bathing in the springs, it never did stop feeling amazing." Yuri chuckled.

"That must be why you have such amazing skin." Victor chides.
Yuri gives him an awkward blush in reply.

"So about last night.." Yuri begins only to be interrupted by victor.
"Right.. Im sorry.. for not paying closer attention to the time and warning signals.
and for falling asleep on you.".

"Oh no! That was my fault too.
T-to be honest I kinda ignored the warning signs.. because I wanted to keep talking to you." Yuri stuttered.

Victor gave Yuri a warm smile in return.
Though he wanted to tell Yuri he too ignored the symptoms to get to know him faster, but he didn't.
There where so many things that Victor longed to asked this man, yet he didn't feel as though it was right, he didn't feel that he had the right to ask Yuri things that were so personal.
Of course that didn't stop him to desire it.

The two continued a conversation, switching from topic to topic.
Nothing big, just small things like favourite animals, hobbies, talents, etc.
But knowing these little things about each other meant so much more than one might assume.

Before they knew it, it was already time for Yuri to start his shift.
"Sorry Victor, it's time for me to start work."
Yuri sighed as he stood up.
"Wait!" Victor halted.
"When dose your shift end?".
"Today... I think 2:30 pm ." Yuri replies.
" okay." Victor grins and sends him off with a wink.

That was kind of strange.. I figured he'd ask something with the information.
I guess not...
Yuri shook it off and left to start work.
The shift went by uneventful.
Yuri didn't even see much of Victor all day either, though he did spot him talking to his father at some point.

After his shift Yuri decided to go for a jog, as he often did.
Yuri has always been the sporty type, he loved dancing and skating with passion.
Though they were only hobbies, Yuri was exceptionally talented at both.

Yuri got out of his uniform and changed into some casual exercise attire.
Some black track pants and a navy, long sleeved shirt that he rolled up to his elbows.
He slipped on his shoes and a grey hoodie, grabbed his phone and headphones then left.

*tip tap tip tap tip tap*
Yuri jogged, making his way to the bridge.
Despite his music everything seemed weirdly silent.
While even though hasetsu wasn't very populated there was still normally more people out than there was today.
No matter though, in fact Yuri can certainly appreciate some time to himself.

Eventually Yuri made it into town and saw his favourite arena in the distance.
'Hmm Maybe I should go to ice castle.
I've been wanting to get some skating in..'
Yuri thought as he approached the rink.

He entered the building and was cheerfully greeted by Yuuko.
"Hey Yuri! Here to skate?" She asks and Yuri replied with a curt nod.
"There's only one other person on the ice right now. So it's relatively empty."
Yuuko says as she hands Yuri some skates, he thanks her and heads to the changing room.

Yuri dose a few stretches, slips out of his hoodie, and changes into his skates.
'I wonder who's using the ice..'' Yuri pondered the thought but shrugged it off and made his way to the rink to find out for himself.

Can you hear my heart beat cuz I sure can't.
There in all his glory, was as many of you probably expected.. Victor.
Skating like a god, his movements were so smooth, his body was oozing passion, and his expressions where so soft and subtle.

While there was no music playing that didn't stop Yuri from hearing every beat of the song.
The blades scraping against the ice like an instrument, his soft breaths like the sweetest vocals and the way he danced to the imaginary beat made it impossible for him not to hear the song.

It felt familiar, like a song he'd grown up with.
Yuri's knees where shaking and his chest felt tight.
Yuri let out a gasp, little did he realize he had been holding his breath throughout the entire performance.

"V-Victor." He called out softly.
The Russian immediately darted his head around to face him.
"- Yuri? What brings you here." He panted.
"
Oh.. I come here all the time to skate. I just came to get some exercise in." Yuri replies slipping onto the ice.
"That was.. amazing.. by the way." Yuri beamed.

"Oh did you see that?"

Yuri nodded.
"I know you said you where a competitive skater but wow..".

"How good are you?" Victor questioned followed by a subtle wink.
"Not bad.. but I don't come anywhere close to you.".
Victor smiled, holding out his hand for the other man.
"May I have this dance?" He asked softly.
Yuri looked surprised at first but his expression soon melted into a smile and he took the Russian's hand.

Victor took lead and placed one hand on Yuri's hip and the other entangled his fingers.
He leaned forward and they glided across the ice hand in hand.
Then Victor began to sing.
His voice was smooth, without a doubt the most absolutely gorgeous sound Yuri had ever heard.

I hear a voice crying far away
Have you been abandoned as well?

Come now, let's empty this glass of wine soon
I'll start getting ready
Now be silent.

With a sword I wish I could cut those throats singing about love
I wish I could seal in the cold the hands that portray those verses of burning passion

This story that makes no sense
Will vanish tonight along with the stars
If I could see you from hope eternity will be born

Stay close to me, don't go
I'm afraid of losing you

Your hands, your legs,
My hands, my legs,
The heartbeats
Are fusing together

Let's leave together
Now I'm ready
Now

The two danced around as if instinct, as if it was a piece carefully choreographed and practiced for months.
The two danced like they where born to dance together.

"Yuri! You're splendid!" Victor praised spinning him around playfully.
The two just exploded into laughter,  drowning in the pure joy of the moment.
They pushed their foreheads together.
Neither had smiled like that in a very long time.

Authors note.

I wrote this while listening to stay close to me. Can you tell XD?
I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
I honestly really love writing this story I have so much planned for the rest of this fic.
Thank you for your continued support.

-coffee&desperation