Vaa va vooom

Yuri sighed, flopping onto his bed fresh out of the shower.
He felt sick, humiliated, disappointed... he didn't want to leave his room and face Victor again.

As morning bled into night and Phichit gave up trying to break into his room, Yuri's feelings of dread didn't mellow.
Quite the opposite really.
The more he thought the more it drove him crazy, wondering why things had to be the way they were why people couldn't just fall in love on their own behalf.
Why was it that he was doomed to be alone?
That some people just have no chance at happiness because of a stupid bond, a stupid society with stupid laws.
It was all bullshit...

He was just so tired of fighting.

- - -

Victor sat in shocked silence as Yuri ran out of the living room, hysterical. He watched wide eyed for an hour while Phichit scratched at Yuri's bedroom door like a dog trying to get out of the rain.
When he finally returned Victor had already killed 2 packs of beer.

"I dont think Yuri is gunna come out anytime soon." Said Phichit, defeated.

Victor chugged the last can of beer and tossed it behind him into a trash bin. "So what was all that about?"

The man looked confused for a moment, before getting a dry glint of memory in his eyes. "Right, about that... you see when you two were sleeping I drew a dick on Yuri's forehead and when you woke up you had one too, but I only drew it on Yuri so... I thought you guys were soulmates.
I think I messed up though Yuri is really mad...
Maybe I did draw two and I just forgot? But his mark disappeared after you washed your face so I'm really confused... I dunno I guess it was a coincidence! And-and you guys seem so good together- I'm sorry." The man put his head down in defeat. "I didn't mean to upset either of you..."

Victor gave Phichit a kind smile, " Don't worry yourself, I'm not mad I'm sure Yuri will get over it soon enough. ...I feel a little guilty myself to be honest."
Phichit looked up , confused.
"...wait Why?"

Victor smiled down at his hands sadly. "I already knew Yuri wasn't my soulmate...
I tested it a while back... I know, I never should have continued to flirt. I just..."

Phichit gaped.
"You like him anyway?"
Victor fiddled with his thumbs. "Yeah.."

"...What did you just say?"

The two men whipped their heads towards the hallway. "Yuri!" They exclaimed eyes filled with dread.
Yuri's head was down, silky black hair covering his face. Victor jumped out of his seat and scurried to approach the man, gently reaching out to hold his hands in apology.
"Yuri listen I- I'm so sorry! I know I lied I never should have- "

Yuri looked up at him, hair falling back in place to reveal a bright blushing face. "You...like me?"

Victor was taken aback, eyes wide with shock.
"I- um... I mean...Isn't it obvious?"
He gulped, chuckling nervously. "You aren't... mad?"

"I like you too." Determined eyes stared into Victor's not a drop of doubt in sight.

Victor and Phichit stared in awe, mouths gaping open, unsure of how to respond.
"But Yuri... if we got caught we could-"
He interrupted. "I don't care."
Phichit choked.
Yuri smirked ignoring his friend, eyes furrowed in a rebellious fit of passion.

"...Wanna break the law with me Victor?"

Authors note

Yeah, 4 years for a 500 word update,
pretty efficient if you ask me.

<3