Chapter three

Beep

Beep

"Stupid alarm clock " Nicole muttered tiredly as she reached over to close it. Once she closed it she got out of bed. Grabbing clothes and heading to the bathroom she stopped and looked in the mirror. There was no dark circles under her eyes. Her face looked better.

Not that she looked horrible to begin with

She remembered meeting Elijah and walking home, but after that it's a little fuzzy. After taking a shower and getting dressed. She headed down the stairs and into the kitchen. She opened the cabinet and grabbed a mug for a coffee. Turning around she let out a gasp dropping the cup.

Elijah was in front of her leaning against the wall. Like it was a normal thing to do. How the hell did he even get in she thought.

"Don't do that you scared the hell out of me" Nicole told him

"Pardon me It was not my intention to frighten you" Elijah spoke to her as he bent down to help her pick up pieces from the cup that had broken from the drop. Picking up the pieces and putting it in the trash Nicole turned around facing him.

"What are you even doing here" Nicole asked him as they both had finish cleaning the mug pieces off the floor.

"Your Aunt is going to give me a tour of Mystic Falls She told me to wait here while she left to grab some things" he told her

"Really" Nicole said

Why would Jenna show Elijah around.  Isn't that Carols job or something ? During this pause of Nicole thinking. Elijah took this moment to look at her. She looked better then she did last night. You can tell she's gotten more sleep. His intentions last night wasn't to compel her. He had wanted to send a message to Elena, but he noticed that she has not have a clue about the supernatural life.

What troubles him though is why she wasn't wearing vervain. Considering Elena is very protective of her family.  Before either one of them could say anything. footsteps were heard. It was Jenna entering kitchen.

" Sorry for the hold up Elijah" Jenna told him noticing Nicole was in the kitchen as well. she smiled then continued to say " and I've see you've met Nicole"

Nicole heart speed up a little bit.  She didn't want Jenna to find out that she sneaked out. Elijah notice her heart rate sped up a little. He looked over towards her wondering why she was nervous. Realizing that she thought he was going to tell Jenna. Which he thought was absurd. 

" No I don't think we've been formally introduced" Elijah says lying to Jenna. Nicole smiled gratefully at Elijah noticing what he was doing.

"Well Elijah this is my niece Nicole" she said turning to him. Then turning to Nicole gesturing to Elijah she then continued to say " and Nicole this is Elijah Smith"  

" Nice to meet you" Nicole told him playing along. as she offered her hand for Elijah to shake.

"Likewise" he told her as he accepted her handshake with a smile.

As Jenna realized they should get going for the tour. They both headed to the door to leave  with Nicole walking them out. Jenna has turn around to ask Nicole if she wanted to join them. Nicole sadly said no because she had a shift at the Grill.  She could have sworn she saw disappointment in his eyes when she told him no.

Mystic Grill...

To say she was annoyed would be the least of her problems. She just gotten to work and already some one was testing her patience. His name was Damon Salvatore and his annoying "girlfriend" Andy. The stupid news reporter. Alaric was sitting there as while. She was grabbing there drinks to bring to the table when she noticed Elijah and Jenna walk in.  They headed to the table where Damon, Andy and Alaric was. Sighing Nicole carried the drinks to the table

Damon smiled when she passed him his drinks. He laughed at how annoyed she was. He loved messing with her.

"Aw thanks bestie" Damon told her as he accepted his drink trying to get a rise out of her.

and of course it worked

"How many times must I repeat myself ? We are not friends" she told him raising her voice and rolling her eyes with her hands placed on her hips. Elijah looked between the two with amusement.

'' you hurt my feelings" Damon let out a chuckle placing his hand over his heart.

"can't hurt something you don't have" Nicole muttered quietly while walking to another table to take an order . Elijah of course heard her and let out a chuckle. While Damon glared at her because he had heard her too