Chapter Eight

Nicole was standing in front of the mirror in her room looking at her reflection. She was wearing a black cocktail dress. Her hair was curled down and she had just finished putting on her eye make up. She was kind of nervous if she was being honest with herself. Not about spending the night with her aunt with her on again off again boyfriend and Damon and Ms. Know it all wannabe news reporter. No she was nervous about spending it with Elijah.

She didn't know why but she just felt this pull towards him. A pull that could not be ignored even if she wanted too and trust me she didn't want to....                                                                                          It's not like this was a date or anything. It's not like she's never spent  time with a guy before  because she has. This was just different...

A knock interupted her thoughts as she looked towards her door. It was her little brother Jeremy. A smile quickly made it's way on her face. She loved her brother. Hell she loved all of her siblings.

Just some more then others she thought bitterly. Her and Elena relationship was tricky to say the least. Her feelings towards her relationship with her sister was complex. On one hand she loves Elena and god forbid anything ever to happen to her she wouldn't know what to do. But on the other hand she is just sick and tired of not her sister but the bullshit around her sister.

"where are you going" she heard her brother ask her. 

"out" she said bluntly not really in the mood to explain it to her brother. Elijah was suppose to stop by and pick her up. He told her he something he wanted to show her. Before they head to Satan's house.

" I can tell obviously" Jeremy told her rolling his eyes with a small smile on his face that could go unnoticeable but she saw it.  He opened his mouth and was about to ask her if she cared to be more specific about where and what she was going to do but they were interrupted again by the a beep from her phone. She looked towards her bed where her phone was laying on. Picking it up she realized it was Elijah. Taking it that was her cue that she should head outside. She looked at her brother and gave him a sad smile.

A smile he gave back understanding that she had to go. It was sad because they probably  realized that was the most they talked in a while. She went past him and walked down the stairs and went out the door she saw him but no car. When she made it over to him she gave him a questioning look. The Salvatore's was still a few miles away and she really didn't plan on walking in these heels.

" forgive me but i thought since we had an hour or two before our presence is due at the Salvatore's I could show you something" he told her looking over to the Mystic Falls woods.

If it was anyone else she'd be hesitant when has ever going inside the woods ever lead to anything good, but the again it was Elijah how dangerous can a guy in a suit with perfect hair ever be.

"you know what" She said looking over at him her doubtful look replaced with a sly smile."that actually sounds like a great idea"

He offers up his arm and she grabs onto him. They both start to walk through a trail in the woods. Ten to fifteen  minutes later they reached an abandoned open area. What was so important about this.

" My family and I use to live on this plantation" he told her as they both took in there surroundings. She was curious to why there was no house or anything. Did it get knocked down or something

"What happen to the house" she asked him

"There was never a house" he told her

That doesn't make sense if there was never a house where'd they live in

"Then where do u guys live in. ? Trailers " she asked him confused

" something like that" he told her vaguely. Not really answering his questions.

Why was he acting so weird maybe this wasn't a good idea at all

"You mentioned earlier that your family use to live here... Are they still here ? she asked

"no" he told her in a short reply looking a way.

maybe he's just sensitive about his family she wondered

Nicole looked at the time on her phone and noticed they should probably head on over to the Salvatore's in time for the dinner party if they wanna be their on time. Before she could voice those thought's Elijah stuck his hand in his pocket and pulled out a box. When he opened up the box there lied a beautiful necklace. It was a golden heart shaped locket with rose engraved in the front side of the heart. She was speechless she didn't know what to say.

" Do you not like it" Elijah asked her as he noticed her face with an expression

"No" she told him shaking her head " I love it" she told him. Elijah smiled at her and gently took the necklace out of the black box.

"May I" he asked her

Nicole nodded her head and turned her back to him. He gently pushed her hair out of the way and clipped the necklace on it. Nicole looked down at the locket and admired it. She turned to face him and wrapped her arms around him. He was surprised about this but he had to admit it felt nice. After a few seconds he finally wrapped his arms around her.

This moment between them was nice. A moment he would never forget too bad she would Elijah thought