Chapter Six

Mystic Grill
Nicole was staring at the clock. Just waiting for time to somehow move faster. She just wanted to leave and go meet up with Elijah. She was excited but also nervous to say the at least about it. Her emotions were all over the place to be honest. It was like she couldn't control what she felt around him.
He was just so perfect with his dark brown eyes and his dashing but yet mysterious look he has and don't even get me started on his incredible taste in suits if I does say so herself. The way he talks. It was like he was from another time long ago but that would be crazy he wouldn't be alive this along heck no one usually lives past their eighties there was just something about him that made her questions this while Elijah person it just seemed like there was more to what meets the eye
Her thoughts were disrupted by an annoying blue eyed jerk who apparently  didn't get the message to leave her alone earlier. 

if you couldn't tell by the description it was none other then Damon Salvatore 

Nicole turned to face him wondering what the heck he wanted now. You'd think he got the message to leave her alone the first time but then again he was dating that dumb news anchor. He must have burned his brain cells with all the liquor he drinks a day. 

" What da heck do you want now ?" she asked him breaking the silence. As he was about to reply. Nicole shut up her hand and out it in front of his face interrupting from him talking. " Just Shut up" she told him. 

Damon's eyes widened as he replied to her "But I didn't even say anything" 

" You didn't have too" she told him as she rolled her eyes and continued " I've heard enough of your stupidity to last me a life time" 

"Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine" he muttered looking at her while sending her a glare almost forgetting the real reason why he wanted to talk to her. He had wanted to talk to her about Elijah and how the hell she even knew him. Before he even realized it. He saw Nicole uniting her apron and walking out the door in hurray. He was going to stop her to finish their conversation. When suddenly his phone starts ringing. Noticing the caller ID. He thought it would be best to leave Nicole alone and take the phone call. The way she was acting lately he'd swear she acting like she wanted rip his throat out. 

Outside the Grill  

Elijah was leaning against the wall waiting for Nicole. While waiting he was thinking about this dinner party at the Salvatore's. Now Elijah wasn't brainless fool. He knew the older arrogant vampire and vampire hunter would try something. Even with Jenna and that news lady in the room. He was pleased to say the least of Nicole standing up to the self important, egotistic vampire, but that did not mean he wanted to risk her safety. It was clear to say the least that everyone main concern was keeping the doppelgänger safe. Which he wanted to too. Just not at Nicole's expense. As his mind battled the pro and cons of having her attend tonight with him. It was clear what needed be done. He'd make sure that she didn't attend either with persuasion or compelling her. One way or another he'd make sure she was safe. There was only one thing troubabling him... 

what made this girl so darn special that he would go out of his way to protect her