Chapter five

Nicole rushed out of the Grill through the back door. She leaned against the brick wall. she couldn't believe what she had just said Damon. Yes he was a jerk and will always be a jerk but that did not justify why she said that. She's been holding that in since she first met him. So in a way it felt like a pressure was lifted from her chest.

Hearing footsteps coming her way. She looked towards the direction she heard it. It was Elijah.

man can't this dude leave me alone she thought

Elijah walked towards her with his hands stuffed in his pockets. Noticing the changes in her from the compulsion. He still has not figured out why he decided to compel her. His original plan was to have her tell Elena that she had met him. To show how easy it would be to get to any one close to her. If Elena had been foolish enough to cross him, But his plans changed as soon as there eyes met. When there eyes has met. All of the sudden he had this urge to protect her and to never let her go.

Nicole was leaning against the wall as she stared at Elijah. She had to admit he really was handsome, but she can't help feeling that there's more to Elijah Smith then whats lead on.

Elijah broke the silence as he looked up at her in concern obviously hearing what she had said to Damon and asked "Are you alright"

Nicole sighed as she fought the urge to roll her eyes. You could say that she was sick of people asking if she was alright. To be honest it sounded like a broken record. Nicole knew Elijah meant well. So she just looked up at him and nodded as she smiled at him.

Elijah obviously could tell she was lying, but had decided it was probably for the best to leave it alone. He thought what he could do to make her feel better. As an idea had come to mind.

"how about we continue our walk from the other night" He asked her. Nicole thought about it. Although her memory was a little bit was fuzzy. Her walk with Elijah had been nice and she had to admit she is curious to find out more about this mysterious dress wearing politely mannered suit guy. There sadly was only one problem.

" You know I would actually love to continue our walk" she paused as she looked up to see a smile forming on Elijah's lips. Then continued " but I still have an hour left on my shift"

"Well that is unfortunate" Elijah stated as Nicole nodded sadly.

" How about after your shift over I'll come back we'll go for our walk then later we'll meet at the Salvatore's for that dinner party... What do you say ? " he told her

" I accept" she told him as they both smiled at each other neither of them noticing that some one was lurking in the shadows and had just saw and heard there entire conversation.

===============

Sorry for the long wait and kind of short chapter

Any guesses on who you think was lurking in the shadows ?

How long do you think Nicole will be out of the loop of not knowing about the super natural world ?

Remember the more you vote and comment the more faster I'll update