Here We Go

"So.... what was that for?" Sorey asked very confused.
      "Well you keep complaining every night.... and we need him to get attached to you." The voice answered back.
      "Why?" Sorey asked very confused.
      "Just because."
      Mikleo finishes up his curry and placed it into the sink.
      "Who was that other person?" Mikleo asked himself. "Does this "person" have to do with Sorey? Or maybe-" before Mikleo could finish his thinking Sorey walked back into the kitchen.
      "We're leaving." He said with a straight face.
      "Oh, okay...." Mikleo said a little suspicious.
       Sorey grabbed his sword, and what seemed to be a staff. He tossed it over to Mikleo.
      "You dropped this outside." Sorey said with a chuckle. "And why do you sound very..... how do I put this.... on edge?" Sorey said glaring at him.
      "Uh I-I uh...." Mikleo stuttered.
       Sorey smirked, "I'm just kidding, why so nervous?" Sorey walking toward the door, "we're leaving." He said as Mikleo walked behind him out the door.
       "Long or short?" Sorey asked
       "What?" Mikleo asked.
       "To get there, long or short?" As asked again.
       "Uhhh.... long I guess..." Mikleo answered very confused.
       "Perfect." Sorey said smirking walking into the woods.
       Sorey was in the wood leaving Mikleo behind. As Mikleo realized he should be following he hurried and walked behind him.
      "I could maybe try and run away..... but that never works" Mikleo thought in his head.
      As Mikleo was lost in thought not paying attention Sorey stopped in his tracks having Mikleo bump into him.
      "Why did you stop?" Mikleo asked
      "Quite..." Sorey said readying his sword listening.
       Mikleo readied his staff looking around waiting.
       They heard a snap to their right, but before Mikleo could do anything Sorey grabbed him by the arm and pull Mikleo toward him as a giant monster appeared.
       "Are you okay?" Sorey said still holding onto Mikleo.
       " I-I'm fine..." Mikleo answered a little flustered.
       Sorey let go of Mikleo and readied his sword.
      "You ready Mikleo!" Sorey said very determined.
       Mikleo stood back holding his staff in a fighting position, "ready as I'll ever be." He answered.
       Mikleo still flustered, couldn't stop staring at Sorey his stance was the same as 5 years ago, and he would always say that before a fight. What was going on......