Chapter 7 - Weird creature!

ANGEL'S P.O.V.

I wake up and stretch out my sore muscles. I glance over at the old wooden clock in my room. It's 6:30 am, far too early for a lazy girl who loves to sleep like me. But I have to wake up anyway. I have Volleyball practice in an hour.

I take a quick shower, get dressed, and leave. I reach my Volleyball club. Although I'm visiting this place for the first time in months, nothing seems to have changed. I walk towards the court and greet everyone there.

"Angel, did you hear we're going to get a hot new captain and coach?" Ashley asks happily. She is one of the kindest girls here, since most of them act like bitches.

"Yeah, I know. His name is Cole Harren. He is a boxer. He—" Ashley cuts me off.

"Well for the first time, why do you seem so interested in a guy? I mean you seem to know everything about him." Ashley smirks.

"Because he's not just a guy. I'm the head and with him being the captain and coach, you know, well, we'll both have to co-operate with each other," I reason.

All of a sudden, the always ongoing chit-chat of the girls stops and the court goes silent. I turn in the direction that the other girls are facing. I watch Cole enter the court

He stands there calmly for a second before introducing himself, "Hello everyone! I'm Cole Harren and I'm going to be your captain as well as your coach from now on." He smiles and then continues, "I request everyone to be disciplined while on the volleyball court, practice determinedly and always be on time."

He sighs, "You all can continue practicing. I will personally keep an eye on everyone. Please no use of mobile phones. No other gadget is allowed, either. I would request the head to meet me within ten minutes in the meeting room."

Uh! I hate these boring official meetings.

He walks past us and everyone gives a smile. I do the same. He looks at me, holding eye contact for a second. His gaze is cold, reminding me of the library incident and the dream. He ignores my smile and walks towards the meeting room.

I roll my eyes. I don't know why he has to be like that. Although, from the long speech he gave, he seems to be a determined, strict, boring person to me, yet for some reason, I seem to have an interest in him. Maybe it's because of his weird behaviour.

I walk to the meeting room and knock on the door.

"Come in!" a tough yet husky voice calls.

I can only assume it belongs to Cole and it makes me shiver. I nervously open the door and walk in. I was expecting that there were going to be few people in here, but instead, I just find Cole scribbling something on a piece of paper. I can't help but stare at his soft, sexy, brown hair and feel the desire to run my fingers through it.

He glances up at me and says, "Please have a seat."

I lower myself into a chair opposite of him. Throwing my hands towards him, I say, "Congratulations, sir!"

"Don't call me that. I have a name," he states.

"Sorry, sir. I didn't know that you would not like me calling you that," I say nervously under his intense cold gaze. "I mean, I'm sorry, Mr. Cole Harren," I correct.

"Just call me Cole okay?" Clearly, he's irritated by me.

"Okay! Sorry, Cole," I say.

He rolls his eyes and hands me a file. He asks me to put up the notices in it outside the volleyball court without ever once looking at me. I'm irritated by his behaviour. He's only been here a few minutes I already hate him from the core of my heart!

I take the file and leave, not even bothering to say goodbye or look back at him, as he clearly doesn't deserve it. I close the door and walk out, giving him all kinds of abusive words inside my head.

"Weird creature," I mumble to myself.

I put up all the notices outside the volleyball court. After I'm done, I practice for two hours, talk with all my friends, and leave the club.

I see Alex standing outside, leaning on his car and smiling at me. I run towards him and give him a tight hug. We climb into his car and he starts driving.

"At least my boyfriend is a sweetheart! Not like his egoistic, weird friend, Cole," I mutter to myself and smile, looking over at Alex, who's peeking at me from the corner of his eye.

"Hey! Keep those lovely eyes on the road." I laugh.

Only if you were not this cute!" He smirks.

I quickly plant a kiss on his cheek, making him chuckle, and chirp, "Only if you were not this sweet!"