Chapter 9 - Unexpected partner

Angel's P.O.V.

I enter my classroom. It is a big bright room with white marble tiled floor and walls. There are three rows of wooden benches. Each bench is meant to be occupied by two students. The class is almost full.

I look for an empty bench. I walk towards the fourth bench of the last corner row as all the front benches are already occupied. I sit there and look towards the door. A group of six girls enter the classroom giggling. They look at me and smile. I smile back. They all occupy the benches behind me, filling up all the remaining empty benches.

"Hi, I'm Sarah," a blonde girl among the six girls behind me introduces herself.

"Hi, I'm Angel." I smile and shake hands with her.

"So, Angel, they are Sandra, Apple, Percy, Natasha, and April," Sarah introduces the other girls and I smile at all of them and we all start chatting.

"Where is he? Why isn't he here yet?" Sandra asks Sarah suddenly with an impatient look on her face.

"I don't think he is really coming here, might just be a rumour." Percy rolls her eyes.

I give them all a confused look. April notices my expression and said "We are talking about Cole Harren."

Cole? Why are the talking about him, and is he going to come here?

God! I want to ignore him and get him off my mind! Please let all this be a rumour!

April continues,"He is known boxer and a volleyball player but apart from that, he is also a popular bad boy."

"I have heard he has also been accused of murdering a guy, a year ago," Percy adds.

Murderer?

"And most importantly, he is hot and sexy as hell. You'll find almost every girl swooning on him because of his looks and charm," Natasha says with a dreamy face.

I'm too lost in my thoughts to react to any of the things the girls are saying. Suddenly, the class goes quiet. A short, fair lady enters the class. She must be our teacher. She greets a good evening to everyone. She introduces herself as Miss. Hershey.

Thank God! Cole is not here. It must be a rumour.

Right when Miss. Hershy is about to start, someone knocks on the door. Everyone looks at the door.

There he is! Running his hand over his soft brown messed up hair. I can't help but check him out. He looks as perfect as a sculpture. Every inch of him sculpted by the world's finest sculptors. I keep staring at him blankly. This is the first time I'm actually noticing him, or I can say checking him out.

"May I come in?" he asks politely with a smirk on his face.

"Yes, come in," Miss. Hershey says.

He enters the class, his eyes looking out for an empty place for him to sit. Unfortunately, all seats are taken, except one. And that's the bench where I'm sitting. He blankly looks at me and starts walking towards the bench. My heart races faster with every step he takes.

He comes to me and points towards my bag, silently asking me to lift it from his place. I lift my bag and keep it on my thighs, closing my eyes for some unknown reason. My heart is still racing, making me unable to breath normally.

He sits beside me. I can hear the girls behind me murmuring something, but I don't care to pay attention to it. I place my bag between us. He looks at me, holding eye contact, his hazel eyes looking lighter than I have noticed before. I look blankly at him with my mouth open a bit. He blinks making me realize the that I have been looking in his eyes for too long. I bite my lower lip and look down.

Miss. Hershy has already started teaching while we both were too busy looking in each other's eyes. I look towards the board and start writing whatever is written on it in my book, although I understood none of it. I don't even know when she wrote it. Cole is still staring at me. I flip my hair, making a curtain between my face and his so neither of us will be able to look at the other.

The class goes by with Cole and me exchanging occasional glances at one another. I wasn't able to pay attention to what Miss. Hershy was teaching today because of Cole sitting beside me. I need to change my place tomorrow.

"The class for today ends here. But before you all leave, I need you all to know that no one will change your places from now on. Whoever is sitting beside you is your partner for the lectures as well as the practical stuff, which will be taking place. See you all tomorrow at the same time," Miss. Hershey says with a smile and leaves the classroom.

As soon as she leaves, I run out of the class without ever looking back. The person I want to ignore is my class partner. The person I want to ignore is my captain. The person I want to ignore is my neighbour.

God! How am I going to ignore him?

I look at my watch. It's 7:56 pm. Alex will be here soon. In no time, I see Alex's car coming towards me. I run towards it and sit inside quickly, not giving Alex a chance to open the car door for me like he always does.

I have a tense look on my face. Alex gives me water and asks worriedly "Are you all right, honey?"

I nod and give a little fake smile. He touches my shoulder lightly, gives a peck on my cheek, and starts driving.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey!

If you liked this chapter, don't forget to vote, comment and share.