Chp 33- Trust Needs Time To Build

Angel's P.O.V.

" I know you well Cole, I know you can't murder someone." I assure him as the same time my head is starting to fill with doubts towards Cole.

" But I did." Cole says softly.

My heart stops beating, it feels as if a sword has just passed through it as Cole uttered the words 'but I did'. It means he lied to me! He told me it's just a rumour! How could he?

I quickly get up without even looking once at Cole.

" Wait! Where are you going?"Cole says holding my hand.

" Don't touch me. I don't want to even stay a second more with a person like you." I push his hand away and start walking away from him.

I keep walking as Cole keeps begging me to stop but I ignore him completely. I try to find a way out of this garden as I forgot the way through which we entered here. This place is so huge, all I can see is mountains and trees; my line of vision can only accommodate that.

I finally realize that it's almost impossible to find a way out of this place as I have never been here before. I give up and turn to face Cole who is looking extremely hurt and worried. But I don't give a damn about a person like him or do I?

" Just take me out of here!" I scream angrily at Cole.

" We are not going anywhere till you don't listen to what I have to say." fumes Cole.

" Giving me an explanation doesn't make you any better in my eyes. Your a murderer and that's it. " I reply.

" I murdered him because he raped my sister." Cole says quickly making me feel ashamed of myself for not even listening to him.

Is my trust really so weak on him? Why do I let his past and his image affect our relation?

" But you could have filed a case against him, you can't just kill someone." I say finally looking at Cole.

" We did but our legal system is a joke which is not funny. They just let him go without any punishment. He fucking needed to be killed! " Cole says and punches a tree next to him hardly.

" Even after raping my sister, he never showed a sign of feeling guilty. He left her heart and soul broken. My sister loved him so madly. And he in return did such a terrible thing with her. He never deserved to live. I have no regrets about killing him. " Cole tells with anger clearly visible on his face.

I feel utterly terrible for behaving the way I did. I realize, I'm as bad as the other people who judge him. I don't deserve to be with a person like him.

" I'm so sorry... " I say with tears rolling down my cheeks and hug Cole.

He doesn't respond for sometime but I keep holding him in my embrace; soon he too hugs me back warmly.

" Never leave me."he pleads.

" I won't. I'm so sorry. "I mutter.

" No need to apologise, love." Cole says softly.

" I should have told you before. But I was scared that you will never want to be with me." he adds.

" I should have trusted you more." I say feeling guilty.

" You will. Trust takes time to build. Take your time." Cole says moving his fingers through my hair.

We leave each other and I plant a soft kiss on his lips. Cole too starts kissing me back quickly. We kiss passionately for a while. This kiss seemed to be different than the other kisses we had shared. This one was assuring us of each other's love and trust.

Cole ends the kiss with a soft peck on my cheeks. We decide to sit near the pond. It is starting to get dark. I look down at the colourful fishes in the pond. They looked so beautiful just like everything else. We talk happily about random stuff.

After sometime, I glance at my wrist watch. Oh God! It's already 9 p.m.! Why the hell does time passes by so quickly when I'm with Cole?

We quickly get up and drive back home.