Chapter 3

Dustin stood there, not knowing what to do, so suddenly when he was trying to think, I turned back to Wendy, grabbed her and ran to the back doors of the guild as fast as possible. Just as I opened the doors, a boy older than me with pink hair stood in front of us, he seemed mad.
"What are you doing, Romeo's friend said you just pulled a gun on them." He glanced down at my hands, noticing i was still holding them, so I quickly requipped them out and he stared at me.
"They were trying to hurt Wendy, I was just protecting her." I looked at her and she looked away.
"Is it true Wendy?" She looked at him and shook her head.
"No." I stared in disbelief, how could she say that didn't happen.
"What..." Tears burned in my eyes, but I wiped them away. I took deep breath, turned, and ran. I don't understand why she would lie, it was obviously true, but no body saw it happen.

At the guild (third person pov)

"Hey Gramps." Laxus said to the master, walking in to his office.
"I saw a girl with black hair protecting Wendy out back. There were two boys grabbing at her so that other girl pulled guns on them, she has a lot of magic power gramps." He continued to recount what he saw.
"Mmm is see... Natsu had just told me the same thing, except he said he didn't actually see it happen, Wendy said it didn't happen." Master explained and Laxus nodded.
"She could've just been scared, and I don't think she likes that girl." The two became quiet until Wendy walked into the room.
"Master, that girl... Katherine, she was protecting me, I was too scared to speak and I.. was jealous, i'm so sorry." Laxus sighed and leaned against the wall.
"You should be apologizing to her, where is she?" Wendy looked to the ground.
"Well when Natsu asked what happened, I um.. I lied and she ran away from me and the guild.
"Go find her Laxus, you seem to have taken an interest to her." Laxus grunted and pushed himself off the wall.
"Where might I find her?" Wendy decided to speak up this time.
"She might have went to her old village where we found her, i'll go with you, I need to apologize anyway." The team of two walked out of master's office, ready to find the young mage.
"Laxus..." Wendy began, making him look down at her.
"What." He asked, serious and focused.
"Why are you so interested in Kat? She uses requip magic, it's the same as Erza's magic, why are you so surprised?" He crossed his arms as he followed Wendy to the forest.
"She uses shadow magic too, a power I thought only the dragonslayer from sabertooth used." They walked around the forest, all of it looking the same.
"Well I guess you were wrong." He just grunted in agreement and they got quiet.
"The town in right up through this clearing." Wendy said, speeding up towards it. She got to the opening and stopped, there were rows of houses, all leading to the biggest house in the middle. On the very top of the building, Kat was sitting there with her legs over the side of the roof.
"Kat!" Wendy yelled, running down the dirt road, Katherine looked from her lap down to where Wendy was running up. She pulled her legs up and stood up, turning around to walk away.

Katherine's pov

I saw Wendy running up, a boy with yellow hair wasn't far behind her. I didn't want to talk to her or him either since I don't even know who he is. I stood up and walked away from the edge of the roof and walked back into the building, I walked down the steps and was met with Wendy running towards me as fast as she could.
"Kat... i'm... sorry." She said in between pants trying to catch her breath.

"I'm sure you will be."