Chapter 11

We collected the reward from master and headed out, Romeo was holding my hand tightly and I was now getting a tingly feeling in my stomach. I can't believe I couldn't remember my own brother when I had met him already once since I joined Fairy Tail.
"Alright we're here Katie." Romeo commented and I looked up, the guild hall towering over me.
"Romeo, what if im wrong, what if he's not my brother, what if those projections were just something I thought I saw.." I rambled on and on, Tightly saueezung the boy's hand that I was holding.
"Kat, stop." Romeo turned to me and looked deep into my eyes, I leaned forward - got scared - and hugged him.
"You can do this, just stay calm.." He soothed, talking right into my ear, I took a deep breath, smiled and pulled away. I push the guild doors open, and was met with a familiar hallway; I could see Sting and Rogue at the end of the hallway. With shaky steps, Romeo pulled me along by the hand, over to them.
"Oh hey, Kat was it?" I nodded at Sting, not able to say a word, I felt like I was going to have a panic attack.
"Yeah." Romeo answered for me, I kicked him in the leg lightly.
"Ow!!" Ok maybe not so lightly.
"I can speak for myself.." I said quietly to him, not looking at the two dragon slayers in front of me.
"Ok ok sorry.." He replied back, rubbing his leg where I had kicked him.
"H-hi, um you remember me obviously, but I needed to tell you that, some of my memories that I had previously lost came back, and um Rogue... You may have lost yours to because you don't remember me, but im your sister." He smiled and glanced at Sting whose mouth hung open.
"I was wondering when you'd finally realize that." It was the most comforting thing to hear those words.
"How are you her sister, if you're my brother?" Sting said, grabbing Rogue's shoulder roughly.
"You and I are not blood related, however, her and I are." Sting sighed and shoved Rogue as he walked past, Rogue stumbled and almost fell. As Sting was walking by, I stuck out my foot to trip him, sure enough, he tripped.. And fell.. Right on his face. We all snickered and laughed a little as he brushed himself off, he grabbed my hand and shook it.
"You're definitely Rogue's sister, no one else would be dumb enough to trip me like that except for you or Rogue himself.
"Heh.." I laughed a little to myself as he let go and stood up, he said something in Rogue's ear as he walked back over to him, then past him into his office.
"You two should probably get going, its going to be getting late soon you know." Rogue stated and I nodded grabbing Romeo's hand.
"Let's go." With a smile we walked out of the guild and I sighed.
"Well, he didn't tell me a single thing besides that I was right. So, I don't really know what to do now, I need to know more, I just don't know where to find answers.." I trailed off at the end, not knowing what else to say.
"Lets take a walk through the forest and go to the river." Romeo said and gently pulled towards the trees not far from us. It was nearing sundown and the sun was setting, it looked beautiful with all the mixes of yellows and oranges, bits of reds and pinks mixed in too. We walked in silence for about 5 minutes and it was peaceful, you could hear the creatures in the forest and the fireflies lighting up around us. I almost tripped over a tree stump sticking out of the ground, but Romeo caught my hand and pulled my back up. My back was to him, but I knew he could tell I was blushing, and I knew he probably I was too at this point. I let go of his hand and took a deep breath.
"Thank you, the river is up ahead right?" Romeo coughed awkwardly and confirmed it.
"Yep.. Just.. Up ahead.." He left the words lingering and I didn't move, I didnt want to. I wanted to turn around hug him and wrap my arms around him, and kiss him.. but I couldn't, he wouldn't, not after Wendy did everything she did.
"Why aren't you interested in me?" Romeo asked grabbing my and snapping me out of my thoughts.
"You think we could be like Natsu and Lucy?" I asked him, turning around to face him, I had to be confident, finish this now.
"I mean.. I think so.." Was a mumble that managed to escape his lips.
"I really like you, but how can you like me back after everything we've gone through?" A puzzled look grew over his face.
"I don't care about all that.." He pulled me closer to him, he felt warm, very warm.
"I thought you would.." I didn't even know what to say anymore.
"Well I know that I don't care about what happened anymore, all I care about is you." I looked in to his eyes, they were filled with emotion, every emotion there is, they were shown in his eyes. I shakily put my hands up to the collar of his shirt, and grabbed it, without thinking I pulled him towards me and locked him in a kiss. He pulled away when we needed air, I stared at him, into his eyes again, he smiled and I blushed, pulling my hands away from his collar and moved my eyes to the ground. With a light sigh I turned and walked towards the water again.
"Kat?" Romeo called after me as I walked further away and ran to catch up.
"Yeah?" I stood at the edge of the river, the water was clear, there was fish swimming happily wuth their families, my heart ached. Romeo filled up some of my heart, not all of it though. I crossed my arms, my hair flowed lightly in the wind, it brushed against my back, giving me chills.
"I can't remember them.. My family.." I said as Romeo stood beside me, silent.
"You remember Rogue-"
"But thats only because of my memories, the ones that came back.."
"We'll find your parents then." He sighed and smiled down at the water, I leaned my head on his shoulder as we stared into the water.
"Promise?"
"Promise."