Chapter 10

"Take my hand." Romeo stuck out his hand to me as he got up, I grabbed it immediately and flashed a grin. He pulled me towards the door and I wondered where he was taking me.
"Where are we going Romeo?" As he looked back at me, I felt a surge of happiness seeing him smile.
"To the guild, to collect the reward for the job we did together."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Romeo.. we didn't.. do that job together." I commented as we walked out the door.
"Yeah we did, your scream directed them to the one area, so after I saved you, I fought off-" Suddenly the picture of those two children I was trying to protect flashed in my mind. I stopped.
"What about the little kids?!" I yelled at him suddenly, he looked at me, surprised at me outburst and just shook his head.
"There were no kids there Kat.." When he said that I just stared at him, then looked to the ground, confused.
"No, there was a boy, fighting, and a little girl... she was hurt.. on the ground." I started muttering to myself, I didn't know if Romeo could hear me or not.
"What did they look like?" He asked, lifting my chin up so I faced him when I talked.
"The boy had um dark hair... black I think.. his hair was covering one of his eyes... he reminds me of my older brother or what I remembered of him from before the accident.. I don't remember his name.." I racked my brain but I couldn't remember him or his name at all.
"And the girl, what did she look like?" I remembered back, the girl, she had black hair down to her waist, brown eyes.
"Me." I looked back up at him, locking eyes.
"You?" I nodded, and he put a hand up to his head, running it through his hair.
"It doesn't make sense, even if they were my memories, why did they just come back now, and why there, and why was the memory a fake projection?" I asked all at once, Romeo sighed deeply and laughed lightly.
"Slow down, we'll figure it out." With a nod, I grabbed his hand and we walked to the guild, our hands not letting go of the other's even when we sat down inside.
"So tell me more about your brother." Romeo said, I leaned my head on his shoulder with a sigh.
"I don't remember much really.. his eyes, they were red though, he was about 16 when the accident happened.. I don't remember anything from before everything happened." I've been thinking about it since earlier, black hair, red eyes, why couldn't I remember? Then it clicked.
"I can only think of one person that fits your description is-"
"Rogue!" I yelled, sitting up right swiftly, hitting my legs on the table.
"Katie.." Romeo grabbed me and pulled me back down from my standing position at the table, people were staring at us.
"I'm sorry... but this is crazy Romeo.. it's hard to wrap my head around." I replied, with a large grin.
"How about we go get the reward for that job, since we didn't do that yet, and then go talk to Sabertooth?" He suggested and I nodded with an even bigger grin.
                          "Let's do it!"