Chapter 8

"Oh her eyes are back.. to brown.." Romeo muttered, and Wendy met my eyes. She ran over happily, laughing about as she tackled Romeo in a hug.
"I'm glad you're back." He smiled at her and she leaned down towards him, her lips met his softly, until she pulled away gently.
"I missed you." She smiled gently and I cleared my throat, showing that I was obviously still here.
"Oh, Kat... thank you for all your help I-" I cut her off as I stood up.
"No thank you, for making me not able to trust anyone." As I said that last word I looked angrily to Romeo, he had a look of regret and sadness showing in his face.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kat, i'm sorry I kissed her." Romeo said, he wouldn't stop saying that everytime I would run into him.
"I still don't care." I replied in annoyance.
"But I still like you, it was just spur of the moment, I care about you more than you know." Turning to him with a deep sigh, I clenched my fists.
"For the last time, I don't care, you still kissed, I don't care, maybe you're dating or something, I don't know and I. Don't. Care." He stared at me with a pained look, I turned back around and walked over to Levy and Lucy. It's been a few days now since I saw Wendy and Romeo kiss.. right in front on my face. I've become close friends with Levy and Lucy, Wendy apologized and we talked for a little while, we ended up becoming friends. She didn't realize how I felt about Romeo, and didn't know how he felt, she kinda backed off from him a bit, but I wasn't about to fall in love with him or anything like that any time soon.
"Hey Katie!" Levy chimed as I sat down at a table with her and Gajeel. I'm still creeped out by Gajeel a bit, but I see him as a role model at the same time.
"What's up with Romeo now, I heard you yell at him." She looked past me over at him, still kinda hovering in the same spot I left him.
"He won't leave me alone, I told him I don't care about what happened anymore." Levy gave me a
sympathetic smile and I sighed again.
"I just don't understand how he could do that to me.." I rested my my chin in the palm of my propped up hand.
"I'm sure he'll know how you're feeling about all of this soon enough." Gajeel said, and I half-smiled in response.
"Sure.." Just as I mumbled that, Wendy ran up and practically tackled me in a hug.
"Woah, what are you so excited about?" I laughed lightly as she smiled.
"Romeo wants to ask you out!" She exclaimed and I looked around for him, sitting at a table across the guild.
"Oh.My.Mavis." I growled and stood up from the table, Wendy looked worried as did Levy, Gajeel was trying to contain his laughter.
"Oh he is so screwed." Gajeel said in between laughs. As I stormed over to Romeo, he didn't notice me, I slammed my hands on the table, making him jump.
"Do you really think that's a good idea?" His eyes widened, he looked terrified of me.
"What are you talking about?" He stood up to face me and I requipped out my small revolver, holding it at my hip.
"Why would you even think to ask me out?" Romeo looked past me, probably to Wendy, and sighed.
"I wanted to.. after you weren't completely pissed at me as much." The silence between us was completely awkward.
"I'm going on a mission." I said, walking past him hastily.
"Kat, wait." He grabbed my wrist and I immediately ripped away from his grip.
"I'm coming with you." I scoffed at him.
"Like Hell you are." Walking away, I looked up at the request board.
Take out the demons
invading our town
Clearview Valley
2,000,000 jewels

"Mira, i'm taking this job?!" I yelled, she glanced at the paper as I started to run out of the guild.
"Oh but Kat, you should go with some-"
"Thanks Mira!" I didn't want to go with a team, or really anyone, so that's why I didn't listen to what she said. As I requipped my gun away, I looked up at the clock in town. 2:20. The train was leaving in ten minutes, just enough time to buy a ticket and get on, I didn't have anything to take with me, so I just brought myself.

time skip through train ride
(at village)

"Hello?" I called out, a thick fog coated the town, making it an easy target. I heard a scream in the distance. Requipping out my pistol, I ran towards the noise. There was young boy, trying to fight back a demon, a girl was lying on the ground, she had a big gash on her arm, there was blood pouring out.
"Look out!" The boy yelled to me, I turned to look behind me just as a ghostly figured lunged at me. It had fingers like pointy knives that tore into my skin, sharp pain shot through my arm. I screamed.