seokjin rang the doorbell when they got to the front porch, and they waited for a few minutes. there was no response whatsoever.

"jimin, let's leave. i don't think anyone's inside," seokjin said, tugging on jimin's sleeve. jimin shook his head contrastingly to the older boy's decision. "no, i want to be brave and face this so called 'very mean boy.'"

"if you say so," seokjin frowned and rang the doorbell once again. this time, they heard tiny footsteps running down the stairs, and the door opened, revealing a pale boy that had a small blanket wrapped around him.

"what do you want?" he asked coldly while rubbing his eyes gently. seokjin gulped and hesitated before finally answering.

"sorry for disturbing your sleep, yoongi. we were just–"

"my name is park jimin and i'm here to sell–" jimin blurted confidently, cutting seokjin off, but he was cut off as well by yoongi.

"aren't selling cookies a girlscout's job? why are you a boy? shouldn't you be a girl if you sell these things?" yoongi furrowed his eyebrows. jimin just blinked while seokjin opened his mouth to say something.

"yoongi, that's not good! jimin's just a seven year old who wants to become a boyscout and you shouldn't be harsh on him," seokjin looked at the small boy, who was trying to hold back tears.

"i mean, it's uncommon for boys to be the ones doing these tasks that were originally made for girls. seeing a boy do this is actually pretty funny," yoongi covered his mouth, trying hard not to laugh for the sake of an already crying jimin.

"you're a meanie! i hate you!" jimin cried out loud, and yoongi's eyes widened when the small boy ran back out into the streets and headed to his other groupmates, who had already sold everything in their baskets.

"hyung, that boy is a crybaby!" yoongi laughed at an unamused seokjin.

"yoongi, you shouldn't have done that. now you've hurt his feelings and you've probably got a new enemy for yourself, and he's just in the first grade! you need to consider becoming real nice for once." seokjin scoffed, crossing his arms.

"becoming nice? pfft, that's not my thing. i already have my bestest of friends, jackson, jaebum and jooheon. we aren't nice to new kids especially that.. what's his name?" yoongi replied hastily.

"well, you guys should change your disrespectful attitudes. and his name is park jimin. thank you for wasting our time here and goodbye," seokjin turned around and marched down the stairs, leaving a frozen yoongi staring at the older boy's group.

"we're actually disrespectful?" he wondered guiltily before closing the door and making his way up to his bedroom.

+
these are the ages and whom they are related to:
seokjin - 10 ; 4th grade
yoongi - 9 ; 3rd grade
namjoon - 9 ; 3rd grade
hoseok - 9 ; older brother of taehyung ; 3rd grade
jimin - 7 ; older brother of jungkook ; 1st grade
taehyung - 7 ; younger brother of hoseok ; 1st grade
jungkook - 4 ; younger brother of jimin ; makes only minor appearances throughout the story