十三

"school season is finally over!" hoseok screamed happily as all the children rushed out from their respective classrooms to go home. many groups were forming to have a talk with friends, which caused a crowd in one of the hallways. unfortunately, jimin happened to be stuck due to the tall children surrounding his small stature.

"need help?" he looked up and saw yoongi looking down at him boredly. he raised both of his arms to signal a 'yes', and the older boy sighed and picked jimin up. the younger boy wrapped his arms around his neck, and that made yoongi a bit soft.

"move out of the way!" he said loudly, and even though he wasn't as tall as the other children were, they recognized the voice and quickly went to other places as to not anger him. jimin just watched them in awe, thinking about how yoongi could've made them do that.

"whew, we're here!" yoongi put jimin down, a little bit of sweat trickling down his face. he looked at the small boy he towered over, and was a bit uncomfortable when the said boy was only staring at him, his hands behind his back.

"w-why are you staring at me like that?" he stuttered, but jimin didn't move a bit. well that is, until he spoke up.

"hyung, how can i become like you?"

yoongi blinked.

"w-what does that even mean?" he asked wearily, wiping his sweat with a hand towel. jimin shrugged.

"i mean, when others hear your voice, they get scared and run off in different directions just to stay away from you. but when i try and do that, they just laugh and say that i'm cute, even when it's obvious that i'm really mad. and not to scare you hyung, but i'm tired of not being taken seriously."

yoongi, with wide eyes, stared at the small boy. first, there was the cookie incident that ticked him off real bad. second, the butterfly statement that sent his mind spinning. and now, his determination to make others take him seriously was making him uncomfortable.

"this kid really is different and unique," he thought to himself while observing jimin, who was now bored and was playing with rocks, giving off a childish vibe which was a contrast to the seemingly mature vibe he had given off earlier.

"damn you namjoon," yoongi cursed under his breath, keeping his voice as low as possible as to not let jimin hear it. "well, uhh, considering the fact that you're still seven years old, i don't think you're ready to, uhh, become somebody like me."

jimin was disappointed and pouted, a sight that made yoongi relieved. "at least he isn't like the other bratty kids. they always complain and complain."

"okay."
yoongi shuddered at the tone of the younger's voice.

"i think we better go home now, jimin. come on, i'll escort you home, okay?" jimin nodded and held yoongi's hand, to which the older intertwined their fingers, and they went home.

+
wrote this when i went to my dad's highschool reunion at a private resort lmao i finally knew how moana felt when she was travelling across sea bc we rode a speedboat!!
ps.
you'll probably love the next chapter :^)