二十三 [ final ]

many years passed, and park jimin just turned sixteen.

after the surprise party that yoongi had planned, the two of them decided to revisit their favorite place when they were minors.

"you know jimin, i have a lot of plans for the future."

yoongi said while he and jimin were walking through the woods. they were on their way to the beautiful meadow full of flowers that they had visited a while back to relax.

"what kind of plans, hyung? what are they about?" jimin looked at him with curious eyes, and yoongi couldn't help but to smile at his adorable, purely innocent face that has barely changed as years passed. though he's only sixteen, he had grown into a fine young man. he had definitely grown a lot taller, but yoongi still beat him by inches. the older boy, on the other hand, grew out of his quiet phase and has pretty much become more sociable.

"well, i kind of want to study in seoul, since almost everything is pretty advanced there. i'd like to become successful internationally and i want to make a headstart by going to the capital," he replied as they arrived at the meadow.

"wow hyung! that's cool! can i come with you?" asked jimin with wide eyes. the older boy laughed and sat down on the grass. "jimin, you could come with me if you'd like to! well, if your parents agree as well. i don't want to make a headline saying that i kidnapped somebody's child."

jimin chuckled and sat down as well. silence overcame the two of them, and although no words were exchanged they could feel as if they were having a conversation, just without verbal language. their mere presence within each other was enough for them.

"jimin."

"yeah?"

"remember when we were young children, when you were a newbie boyscout? you had knocked on my door and tried to sell boyscout cookies, but i shut you out since i was pretty much a sexist person when i was a boy." yoongi exclaimed as he watched the sun set, the color of the sky transitioning into a mixture of orange and purple.

"yeah! i remember," jimin laughed as he recalled the time when he gave the older boy toothpaste filled oreos as a revenge. "the prank i did to you after that was so outdated! why are you bringing it up though?"

"i know it's late, but i want to say that i'm sorry."

"sorry? you don't have to be sorry. i think you have to be thankful because if you hadn't made me hate you, we wouldn't have been friends. and to me, you would just be that boy that everyone wants, and as the same time, doesn't want to be."

"what do you mean by the last statement?"

"it's just in my perspective, but it looks like a lot of people want to be you because of your incredible charisma. it might just be me, but there's something enthralling about you that makes others feel attracted to you, like a nail near a magnet. i can't explain it properly, but you're just so mysterious that people want to know you better just to have a better look on who you really are, and if you're the person whom they think you are. you gain friends by just being yourself and not changing. of course, everybody changes, including you, but it seems like there's a part of you that never changes and is the reason why people want to talk to you. i think that's a good thing."

"and why does everyone also not want to be me?"

"it is because you're too mysterious. it contrasts what i said earlier, but you're just too mysterious to talk to. even if many people want to become your friend, they would never be able to discover who you really are since your true personality is never a hundred percent visible due to you being too enigmatic. i don't even know if i myself really do know you truly. i feel like i only know a quarter about you through all these years that we've spent together. that's the bad thing about you." jimin hung his head low, and yoongi nodded.

"what's the part of me that never changes, then?"

jimin said no words and just gazed at him blankly.

"you know, park jimin, you're pretty mysterious as well," yoongi spoke as he gazed back.

"in what way? a good or bad?"

"a little bit of both. the way you express yourself through those words, the way you think about life, the way you describe people, literally everything about you is fascinating. it's like you're very mature for your age, and the way you think is really advanced and unique. sometimes you can be quite confusing since you're blabbering about philosophical things that most don't ever understand completely. to summarize, you're like a human brain, you know many things, but not everything. that's the good and bad thing about you."

jimin laughed, and yoongi did as well.

"we spent a lot of time sharing our thoughts, haven't we?"

"yeah, hyung, we did. i think it's time for us to go back."

they stood up and walked all the way back to the subdivision. they reached jimin's house and spent several hours talking with their friends and families, who already have a close relationship with each other.

when the time came for all of them to go home, jimin waved as he watched the others leave.

"park jimin!" yoongi called before jimin went back inside the house.

"what is it, hyung?"

"thanks for the time you spent with me," the older boy smiled.

"you're very much welcome."

"before i leave, i just want to say that i really like you."

jimin felt his cheeks flush.

"you like me in what way?"

"you'll find out soon."

min yoongi winked before going back to his house, and park jimin was confused about what he just said.

that night, the sixteen year old stayed up trying to discover the meaning of what the eighteen year old said to him. "what could he possibly mean?" he asked himself, though he didn't have any sensible answer.

"i just want to say that i really like you."

those word repeated in jimin's head, and soon enough there was a weird sensation he felt in his chest just by thinking about them. he felt his heart beat fast every time he thought about yoongi and evey memory he made with him.

"god, min yoongi." he let out a sigh, exhausted.

"how do i really feel about you?"

the end.

+

boyscout has officially ended! 😭 i'm sorry if it's a bit sudden. however, thank you all for reading and supporting this book, it really means a lot to me!! 💓

i'm going to miss writing this story. i actually really had a lot of fun writing these chapters, some i even rewrote several times since they were super unsatisfying 😂 i really liked writing jimin's dialogues since they were pretty philosophical and it took me some time to actually think of them 😅 i'll miss yoonmin's relationship in this :')

i might publish some other books since i want to write other stories with different plots aside from this one. hopefully you will like them as well!

again, thank you all for supporting this book! i love you all ❤ have a good day! 😊

ㅡ KARAH ✧