十七

"is everything ready now?" mrs. min called out to the children while keeping guard at their front door. she had sent yoongi to get things at the nearby convenience store earlier, and boy, it sure was a hassle sending a kid to go somewhere in the early morning.

[+]

EARLIER, 7:50 AM.

"mom, why are you sending me outside on my birthday, to run an errand, at such an early time?!" yoongi had demanded for answers from his nervous mother. the woman mistakenly invited the others to help her in preparing the party a little too early.

"sorry yoongi, we are running out of food and i don't have time to go to the grocery because i'm busy, so can you please be an angel and do it for me?" she pleaded. her son just nodded, much to her delight.

"good! now here's your jacket, the list, and some money. don't talk to anybody suspicious, and always be on guard, okay? now off you go!" she pushed yoongi out in a hurried manner and closed the door. through the peephole, she could see her son already going on his way with his usual blank expression.

"whew," she sighed, "you all can come out now."

almost immediately, a whole lot of people got out from the kitchen, some of them sweating. among them were the kids, their siblings, yoongi's relatives, and surprisingly seokjin's uncle, the one who owns the catering business, was there as well. the other parents weren't there at the moment for they were all busy with their jobs, but they will arrive some time.

"now that i've seen the boy," seokjin's uncle, choi seunghyun explained, his hand on his chin. "i have the perfect idea on the ideal theme for him!"

"and what's that 'ideal theme', uncle?" seokjin sassily remarked. seunghyun just looked at him and rolled his eyes.

"don't get too sassy, jin. now what i'm thinking of is something involving bears. i can observe the inner bear in him in the way he talks, the way he walks down the stairs was as if he was preying on some helpless animal, slowly and steady. the way he growls at his mother, like a bear preparing to fight another one of his kind!" he sniffed and wiped his tears with a napkin. he had a behavior similar to seokjin, only his was more tolerable.

"bear? you mean like kumamon?" jimin wondered. "i'm positive hyung likes kumamon, i once saw a cute kumamon action figure inside his bag's pocket! i kind of wanted it and told him, so he gave it to me. i have it here now!" he got a cute and tiny kumamon figure from his pocket and showed it to seunghyun.

"well that's a great idea kid!" the tall adult smiled sincerely and ruffled jimin's hair.

"i'm going to call my buddies, and don't worry ma'am, they'll arrive here in no time," he assured mrs. min, who nodded in relief.

and like he said, in just no time, his employees arrived shortly after he called them, and soon the decorating began. they decorated the living room with cute little paper bears that covered the sides of every furniture. they also added some black and red flags at the ceiling to make it seem like a festival. they did the same to the other rooms at the first floor.

"see jimin?" seokjin winked at the younger, to which he giggled. "my uncle does real good at his business, alright."

+
another update! somehow this seems really rushed ;-; if you'd like, please tell me honestly if it seems rushed