十四

chapter is dedicated to seolights for the book covers! ♡

+

for a few days after school ended, yoongi didn't hear anything from jimin, and he was getting particularly worried. maybe it was his rejection of the younger boy's request that caused jimin to stay away from him. whatever the reason was, the older boy was starting to grow anxious.

"jimin? oh, he's got a fever that hasn't gone away for a few days. just heard from his mom yesterday," mrs. min declared when yoongi asked about him. strangely, he felt relieved that he wasn't the reason of the seven year old's absence. he decided to visit jimin.

[ - ]

"oh, yoongi dear! you must be here for jimin. come in," mr. park gave him a warm welcome as yoongi stepped inside the park family's household and left his shoes outside, leaving only black socks.

"how is he, auntie park?" yoongi asked. even though he and jimin weren't blood related, his parents taught him to call other adults auntie and uncle.

"he still isn't feeling well, and he could use a friend. taehyung and hoseok are away for the week for a family vacation, so he's been lonely all day," the adult answered as she slowly opened the door to jimin's bedroom.

the curtains were closed and so were the light bulbs, with the bedside lamp as the only light source in the room. the blue walls of the room darkened in shade, making the room seem like the deep part of the ocean. the room was completely clean and not a single toy was in sight.

there was jimin in his pajamas, lying down on the bed, not doing anything except staring at the ceiling with half open eyes. he looked like he hadn't slept for days, for his eyes looked like they were sore. the messy (but cute, according to yoongi's thoughts) bed hair added to the look.

"jimin, yoongi hyung is here." jimin just nodded at his mother's statement. mrs. park sighed and sent yoongi into his room, shutting the door as to not agitate her son.

"hey jiminie," yoongi greeted softly as he sat down on the chair beside the bed. jimin only glanced at him and mouthed a silent 'hi' before staring at the ceiling once again.

"how are you? are you tired?" the older boy asked to lessen the tension around the two. jimin nodded to answer the two questions. yoongi felt pity for the poor boy and sighed, knowing that he couldn't do anything for his friend's health. he proceeded to ask a series of questions.

"have you ate?" a nod.

"have you slept well?" a hesitant nod.

"are you sleepy?" another hesitant nod.

"do you feel . . . happy?" yoongi didn't know why he asked that question, but jimin just stared at him with eyes full of sadness, and shook his head. this broke yoongi's heart, and he was unconsciously holding the sick boy's cold hand.

"can you talk?" jimin shook his head once again. yoongi frowned and stood up, preparing to leave. "i guess now's not the right time to visit you yet. i'll just see you tomorrow jimin." he was about to walk out but was stopped when jimin held his wrist.

". . . d-don't go." the nine year old looked back to see jimin who looked like he was about to cry any second. yoongi went back to his seat and pulled his arm up so that they were holding hands.

"why?" he asked, his voice full of worry.

"i . . . m-missed you, h-hyung."

a split second after those words were said, jimin, with all his strength slammed his body into yoongi's, with hands clutching the sleeves of his shirt tightly. he cried into his shirt, bitter tears leaving marks. yoongi, who was taken aback by this sudden action, put his arms around jimin, pulling him into a deep hug. he stroked the seven year old's hair softly, as well as rubbing his back, as a way to calm him down. jimin climbed out of bed to return the hug, but he accidentally pushed yoongi a bit too far back, sending the both of them toppling to the floor. yoongi's back hit the wooden floor hard, and he let out a soft groan because of the pain.

"h-hyung! i'm s-sorry!" jimin apologized as he tried to get up, but was immediately pulled down again by yoongi, who didn't let go the whole time. his grip around the younger tightened as he continued to stroke his hair.

"shh, i know you didn't mean it. i'm okay, believe me," yoongi chuckled, but jimin was still uncertain about it.

"are you su-" "i'm sure."

there was silence in the room, with the only noise being jimin's sniffs as he continued to cry silently on yoongi's chest. soon enough, he was fast asleep, and the older boy carried him back to his bed. he stroke the sick boy's hair slowly.

"i missed you too," yoongi whispered. soon he as well fell asleep, all the while holding jimin's hand.

when mrs. park passed by jimin's bedroom, she peeked inside, and saw the two boys snoring peacefully. she smiled at the scene and closed the door as to not disturb their slumber.

+
i wrote this when we had a traffic jam :/ it was at night and the screen was bright even though i had set it to the lowest and i squinted my eyes writing this >.> haha anyways hope you enjoyed this chapter!! :D