Chapter 12

Chapter 12

~

Merida froze as Jack's words echo through her mind... Pitch broke in last night?, she thought, tears trying to escape her eyes and flow through her freckled cheeks but she wouldn't let them... she just can't.

Rapunzel noticed Merida's insecurity and asked, "Merida?... Are you okay? Is something wrong?"

Hiccup and Jack looked at Merida with hints of worry in there eyes, "I-i..." Merida stuttered looking for an excuse to her insecurities but she knew telling her friends was better than to lie to them in their faces.

Merida took in a deep breath, "I had a nightmare and I think Pitch is the one causing it, well he is the one controlling nightmares and fears, right?"

The three stood in silence processing what their friend just told them, Jack was the first one to recover quickly, "Why didn't you tell us earlier?"

"B-because I was afraid..." Merida held her tears and turned away to hide her face.

"I was... afraid of loosing all of you.. I couldn't bear knowing that it might come to reality... I-i'm sorry... I thought it would just be a wee nightmare... b-but I was wrong" Merida was at the urge of crying, her audible sobs interrupting her sentence, "I think he was giving out a.. message..."

Rapunzel was taken aback, A message? But why?, with the thought she realized that this was the reason they were here for, "It's okay, Merida. That's the reason we're here for, right? To stop Pitch." She said with reassurance in her voice but deep down inside she was trembling in fear as to the thought of Pitch separating them.

Hiccup nodded, "But we all know it isn't really final that it was a message from him maybe he was just spreading nightmares.. that's all"

Jack stiffened memories came about last night, "But why here? And..." Jack sighed and took a deep breath, as his friends gazes shook to him, "I had an encounter with him last night..."

Jack heard gasps as he lowered his head, "Jack... Why didn't you tell us?" Rapunzel asked knowing that they had a meaningful conversation last night. Maybe Pitch knows about my power? Maybe it's the reason he was here for?, Rapunzel thought but shook it off as to how ridiculous it would that he wants a glowing hair.

"I..." Jack started but was cut off by Merida who felt more uncomfortable with the situation and without any words left the room, closing the door with a big thud.

Hiccup sighed, "I'll go after her.." he walked to the door.

"No" Rapunzel denied.

"What? Why?" Hiccup asked as he was about to turn the door knob.

Rapunzel glanced at Jack who was still facing the ground, "Just give her some space"

Hiccup was about to protest but Rapunzel's features said she knew what to so he obeyed and went back to stand next to Jack, placing a hand on his shoulder.

Rapunzel was grateful that Hiccup didn't argue, she herself in his position would argue about it. Leaving the Scottish Princess would be a great idea, letting Merida cool down alone was actually Rapunzel's first thought because she knows Merida well to say that Merida always wanted to be alone.

Clearing her throat Rapunzel turned to the two boys, "From now on.. I would want you two to tell us everything, it wouldn't be right to call ourselves friends if we don't trust each other, right?" she said as she glanced at Jack.

They nodded and excused themselves to have a breather. Rapunzel agreed and went to freshen up.

Merida on the other hand was at the training area North made for them. She shot arrows at moving targets and dummies, every arrow shooting it's target and it's bulls-eye.

Without knowing, Pitch was just at the doorway admiring the view of the angry red head, "I admire your temper, Princess but that wont help you in this situation" he said with a deep chuckle.

Merida was in shock as she saw Pitch, she started to shoot arrows at Pitch. But neither of them hit Pitch as he was like a shadow disappearing as the light would take over.

"Silly girl... you don't even have a chance on defeating me" he smirked, "I warn you this I'm aiming for a powerful source in your group"

"Powerful source? Now who could that be? Is it Jack your talking about?" Merida asked her Scottish accent over powering with every word while secretly taking an arrow from her quiver.

"Tsk. tsk. tsk... No more clues, I just warned you" Pitch said, his intonation annoying the fiesty princess.

As she notched the arrow, Pitch was gone.

Merida grunted, I shouldn't tell them about this... It will cause them more problems if they knew...

~

(A/N) :

Sorry I have been inactive guys... I was really trying to find time updating but school has been on my shoulders and I was really busy with dances.

I might be inactive again because of stuff again but I will try my best, I'm not keeping a promise but I will try.. And who do you think this powerful group mate be? Hmm? Owo

If your still here reading my fanfic and is still supporting it, leave a vote or comment! I might dedicate or let you have an appearance x3 just comment why your still supporting my story and your name and details xD

Vote, comment or share? Ehehe...

Bye bye x3

-TheGirlDudePT