Chapter 1

"What the actual fk-"

I got cut off when the guy beside me forcefully tugged on the long chain. 

"Ow!" 

He smirked. 

"Pretty girls don't curse." 

I slumped back down on the grass in defeat. 

"This is the worst."

I watched in the corner of my eyes when he rested his head on his hands and casually closed his eyes. 

"Are you serious?! You're sleeping?!" 

He breathed in slowly. Taking in the evening air around us. 

I balled my hands into fists and landed a punch on his stomach. 

I couldn't even get a flinch from him.

I kicked his legs in annoyance while running a hand through my hair frustratingly. 

"Why is my life so-" I grunted angrily. 

"Chill princess." 

The lazy words rolled out from his lips. 

"Yea sure I'll chill. After I beat the sh-" 

I stopped midway. This was hopeless. My life has officially hit the bottom of the pit. 

"Your temper's cute." 

I turn around to him. Does this dude have any clue what on earth I'm going through?

"This is all your fault to begin with."

"How." He raised an eyebrow as he slept. 

"How? How?" I repeated. "BECAUSE YOU-" 

I flung myself at the sleeping figure and landed my knees on both sides of him. Clutching his collar tight, my fingers crunched at the fabric, wanting to choke him on the spot. 

"LOST THE KEY TO THIS-" 

I shook my wrist frantically, shaking the metallic chain on both of our hands. 

"WHATEVER THIS - THIS THING IS!" 

Languidly, he lets out a low chuckle. 

"What is this anyway?" 

"A chain?" 

"No sht sherlock." I sat upright to study the circular metal that wrapped around my wrist. "Were you a prisoner or something, why is this thing so heavy." 

"Are you gonna get off me? I know it might be comfortable but you might wanna know what you're sitting on."

"Get a grip. You can't take a girl's weight?" I landed a hit at his chest. 

Surprisingly hard. 

A smirk played around his lips. 

Fiercely, I yanked at his collar. "YOU COULD'VE USED THE LADY AT THE COUNTER OR SOMETHING?!" 

He shrugged, his brows raised amusingly. 

"You were the closest." 

A thought warped through my mind, infesting it with the temptation to murder the male. 

"And why did you lock me in your chains?" 

"It wasn't meant to. But somehow it did." 

"You little-" I growled. 

A snicker came from behind us. A couple of footsteps passed our direction. The voices of some males echoed out, making me stop. 

"Get a room!" The remark was followed by blatant laughs. 

A slight chuckle came from beneath me when I saw his smirk intact. 

That was it. 

I shot up, planting both of my feet into the grass. They ushered themselves along the pathway, snickering ever so often. 

My feet jerked forward, feeling the urge to hunt after them. 

Immediately, my wrist was forcefully pulled back, my body plunged backward. 

A yell of pain escaped my lips. 

I glanced back, to see him walking away with his hands tucked into his pockets. I followed behind unwillingly. 

"Where are we going now??" 

"You know if we are going to be stuck together, we might as well know how to communicate." I rolled my eyes. 

"With a criminal?" He muttered monotonously. 

"What else am I going to do?"

For a few seconds, I trailed behind him in silence. 

"Name." He mumbled out. 

"What?" 

"Your name." 

"Why should I tell you." 

"Cause you know mine."

"...Aera."  I sighed heavily. "Where are you going?" 

Silence followed. 

 Then, he spoke up. 

"Toilet." 

"Just kill me now." 

I shouldn't have went to that job interview.