Chapter 8

"Ow!" I grunted. 

I reached out to touch the stinging pain on my neck, but to feel another hand slap my fingers away. 

I opened my eyes, but to see Jungkook's hair in front of me. Looking around unconsciously, I noticed the dim lighting of the alleyway, the sun was setting. I was leaning against the alley wall and every muscle in my body hurted. 

He seemed to be focusing on my neck, a couple of sudden painful stings woke me up.

"The heck?" I muttered out. "OW!" 

Grabbing onto his hair tight, my aching fingers trembled. I groaned out of agony, not knowing what he was doing. 

"Stop moving." He muttered. 

"What are you-" I stopped when he moved away, catching my breath.

A tearing sound caught my attention. 

Barely able to keep awake, I squinted my eyes to make out his figure while his hand was still pressed down on my neck. His other hand reached for my bag, grabbing out a spare shirt before bringing it to his lips, tearing a piece of fabric from it. His inconsistent breaths echoed the area. 

The scent of blood was strong when he leaned towards my neck again. His blood. 

He wrapped the fabric around my neck before tightening it. 

I took a deep breath and steadied my heart rate while Jungkook flopped to the side, slumping his figure down against the wall, next to me. His breaths still heavy. 

"4 hours." He panted. 

Glancing over at his sweating figure, I noticed his blood that was stained onto his jeans from his bleeding arm. A cut from his elbow down to his wrist. Not deep enough to scar, I predicted. 

"Why are you still panting?" I coughed between my words. 

"4 damn hours. Thought you were gonna stop breathing." 

I stopped before laughing. Stopping because of the pain, I looked over at him. 

"This is so ironic." 

A small chuckle came from him. 

"You could've just killed me. What are you now?" I smiled. "A doctor?" 

"I don't want to drag a corpse around alright." He flashed me a mischievous smile. 

"You bastard. I rather be dead." I coughed out. 

"I'm not letting you die baby." He closed his eyes for a second, taking a quick breath. "Still need someone to cover bullets." 

"You d-" I was about to insult him but I stopped from the sudden pain. 

He stood up, pulling my arms over his shoulder as he helped me stand up.

"Where are we going?"

"Apartment." 

"How many of them are out there?" 

"I don't care. We're going back. There's medical equipment there." 

Too tired to even speak, I stumbled along, just trying to stay awake. The moon already rose when we reached the entry of the apartment block 

I was too tired to move, letting Jungkook lift my legs up and carry me as he climbed the flights of stairs. 

I heard the slam of the door before I was set down onto the bed. The fabric around my neck was loosened before I felt the familiar sting of alcohol.