Chapter 6

Curling myself up in a ball, I hugged my cold arms close. When my uniform didn't protect me from chilliness of the wooden floor, I curled myself up even more.

Some bastard was wearing all that spare clothes while being covered by blankets that Sunhee had offered him and was sleeping comfortably on the bed in the room. I accepted my consequences since I stubbornly refused to be even a centimetre close to him. For who knows what this pervert would do. 

When dawn arrived, my wrist was being annoying tugged around and the rattling noise from the chain woke me, I groaned in frustration. 

Unexpectedly, I heard a girl's sudden voice from the bed beside me, weirded by the fact that Jungkook and I were the only people in the cold room and that I was freezing to death here, I lazily turned to my side and took a quick glance. 

"WHAT-" I stopped, paralysed. 

Sunhee was on the top of Jungkook, barely covered by her nightgown,  just snogging his face off while making her way down his neck. Embarassed, I covered my eyes in an instant, averting my attention to somewhere else. 

In a few seconds, I heard a sigh coming from beside me, signaling that she most probably have heard my sudden yell. 

"This is so annoying. Why does she have to be here? I want to be alone with you oppa."

Catching a quick glimpse of her pout, I coughed awkwardly, hoping to remind her of the unfortunate witness in the room.

"Next time baby." He trailed his hands down her shoulders while chuckling. 

When she stubbornly left the room, Jungkook went back to sleep while I sat there the entire night, unable to mentally ignore what happened and pondering how I could've avoided everything. 

The next morning was just as hectic. Unable to move, I've been sitting on the floor for at least an hour or two in the morning because someone didn't want to move from their comfortable bed. 

I don't understand what the purpose of being here is. 

Three plates of noodles were placed in front of us on the marble table, I glanced at the plain food then at the extravagant kitchen to the left of me. 

Sighing at the loss of my appetite, I stood up from my chair. At the same time, Jungkook was unwillingly dragged out of the chair beside me. 

Amazed, I inspected the sparkly clean cutlery and plates while walking to the fridge. I could sense Jungkook's gaze from behind me.

Taking out a packet of bread, some eggs and raw bacon, I set them to the side. 

"What are you doing? Oppa come back here." Sunhee's voice rang out from the dining room. 

He seemed to watch my actions as I set the pan on the stove. When I had finished frying the eggs and bacon, I turned around to grab the bread and toast it. I met his intense gaze for a few seconds before I awkwardly turning away. 

Leaning on the counter next to me, he watched as if like a son inspecting his mother while she cooked. 

For some reason, Sunhee angrily stomped out of the dining room, shutting her room door behind her. 

Living alone has its own benefits; I can at least cook something. Pleased with my breakfast, I put everything onto a plate and set it down. 

He was still staring at me. 

"What?" I walked back to the kitchen and spread some jam on the toast. Chucking the corner of the crispy toast in my mouth, I glanced up to see Jungkook still staring at me.