Chapter 14

I found myself losing track of time. 

Eventually, I stopped counting. 

The blood on the walls was scrubbed off. It was as if he was never there. I sat there, in the same spot, repeating his words in my mind. 

I found myself fascinated by how his words seemed so detailed and succinct when his eyes were fixed on mine. Yet other times, his lazy short words would trail off as his eyes wandered off somewhere else. 

Either way, I wasn't someone who thought about these almost insignificant things. I guess I had such time to think about these little things. Other times, I'll either be fleeing with him or he'll be trying to roam his hands everywhere.  

Where that heavy chain used to be, there were now only a few darkened spots on my wrist - scars. I wondered if his was the same. Then again, I didn't understand why I would ponder these things. 

I was still fascinated by the fact that we actually got along - well, sometimes. 

When my temper showed, all he would do was stick pesteringly close to me until eventually, I would find myself in his arms again. Not that I didn't want to kick him off, he didn't let go. 

I huddled myself in my legs, seeming to find my mind somewhere else. I unintentionally reminded myself of those time he was there.

I still remember how he stuck extremely close to me every time I slept, it was a habit of his. 

My fingers flinched, feeling the coldness on them. The metal chain brushed against my thighs as shivers sang up my legs. My arm shifted and I found my fingertips glazing across the surface of something warm. When I opened my eyes, I found myself facing the crook of his neck. 

My hand pushed right against his thin shirt, the lack of space between us was making me suffocate. 

He shifted slightly this time, my hand moved involuntarily across his hard stomach, tracing the lines that defined the muscles on his abdomen. 

"You're too close." I mumbled. 

"So?" He replied with that raspy half-asleep voice of his. 

"I'm not comfortable." 

He nuzzled his face into my loose hair. 

"Get comfortable." 

I strained my neck as I lift my head up, his eyes opened lazily as his nose and mine touched. 

"What?" He mumbled and I could smell his minty breath. He probably had brushed his teeth earlier when I fell asleep first. 

"Don't try anything." I muttered. 

It was probably because I hadn't slept three days in a row and the weariness was getting to me. But I couldn't care less. I pushed my body against him, feeling the comfortable warmth from his body as I lazily slung my free leg over his. He slid his hand down my torso, resting them behind my thighs as I yawned. The coldness of the metal was no longer there. 

I didn't know how long I had been asleep but by the time I woke up, there were patches of red all over my neck. He slept right in his spot, acting like the most innocent being while his lips hinted that little smirk of his. 

From then on, I would keep a distance from him as I slept, but of course, by morning, he was right next to me again.