Chapter 15

"What the fk Jungkook. Did you miss me that much?" 

I watched him spring up from the ground, charging towards me with that knife in his hands. 

_20 minutes ago_

The white tile floors blurred against my vision. Feeling the pain in my head, I took in a deep breath of panic, wondering how long it would take for me to be completely knocked out. I squinted my eyes, following the white-tiled corridor as the guards behind me pushed me forward. 

It seemed like a year in that cell. 

I stumbled forward, lowering my forehead at the bright lighting. For some occasion, they have had me cleaned up and dressed. My hands were free from any chains. 

I had one thought in mind at that moment. 

Perhaps they were letting me out. 

Yet again, the never-ending corridors were deserted. I clutched my head, pulling at my brown hair. The floor spiraled at my trembling feet and I took in a gradual breath, feeling the tension in my chest. 

We turned around a corner, approaching a metal door. 

I glanced up, taking a look at the three locks that hung loosely on the door's hinges. I let out a soft groan.

Great. I'm getting a transfer. 

The guards pulled open the door. I looked in, surprised by the massive space beyond yet another set of bars. The walls were entirely painted grey again. I stepped in, more convinced that this whole place was a prison. 

I was pushed in. My feet stumbled forward a few steps before I got a hold of myself. The squeaking of rusting hinges ceased as the bars locked behind me. Almost immediately, I heard the clacking of heels approach the room. 

"I see that you're already here Aera." 

I let out a heavy sigh, turning around to face her. 

She looked the same as ever with her short black hair resting on her shoulders. She gave me that familiar smile of hers. 

My expressions remained stone cold. 

"Bring him in." 

My eyes widened. 

The rattling of chains echoed out.

I gulped at the figure in front of me. 

His knees grazed against the floor. His back was restrained with his head lowered. 

"What did you tell Sunhee?" 

She muttered to the guard beside her. 

"That you wanted to see him, ma'am." 

I stared dead straight at the kneeling figure. The name that I wanted to call out for so long was caught in my throat. 

This time, he was bloodshed yet again. 

The crimson fluid flowed down his white shirt, sticking to his skin. Straight thick lines of faint red stained his black jeans as if something had been lashed against his skin. 

My lips parted, wanting him to hear my voice.

Before I could let his name fall from my lips, his head lifted up. 

I stopped, looking straight into his still brown orbs. My eyebrows creased in slight confusion as my eyes scrutinized his indifferent expressions.