Chapter 17

I picked my books up from the ground, straightening out my uniform. I dismissed the group of students who snickered past me. Plentiful others walked past, whispering things as they stayed in their group of friends, walking home. 

I glanced across the school gate, exerting a heavy sigh. 

I didn't have the patience. It has been 4 days since I stormed out that building. 

My graduation was soon and the last person I wanted to see was him. Then again, I needed to end everything with him.

He stood there in the distance, a hand tucked in his jeans. The silver ring on his finger gleamed in the evening sun. 

I caught one last glimpse as he fixated his firm gaze on me. 

I turned on my heels, walking in the opposite direction. 

Ever since the 4 days, news was everywhere. It wasn't surprising that many were confused. Changing from a criminal to a CEO was more than shocking. 

It hadn't occurred to me until a couple of days before. The previous ball that celebrated the company's "anniversary" was, in fact, a celebration to congratulate the new CEO. 

Yet, attaining a sudden fiancé was enough to flip the commotion around. The media was more than happy to be supportive of this new future couple. 

I guess Jungkook and Sunhee were happy enough to show off the future engagement rings too. 

That had set me off. 

I didn't need his explanation. 

I don't care. 

The sun was setting and I was still on the way home. Someone approached me, noticing my uniform. 

He gave me a flirtatious smile. 

"Do I know you?" I spoke up. 

"I'm in your school." 

In no time, I found myself being dragged to the entrance of a club by the stranger who claimed to go to the same school as me. Either way, he seemed to be around the same age. 

He beckoned me to follow. I stood there stiffly in hesitance.

I did have time. My apartment was quite close. 

Besides, this wasn't even crazy compared to the things I did before with Jungkook. 

As soon as I despisingly reminded myself of him, I decided to follow the male. 

"So you're still in high school?" 

I spared him a glance, nodding. I found myself at the back of the place, mindlessly observing the place. The boisterous music was blasting into my ears. Before me was a heated mess - a crowd of people who were dancing in absolute ecstasy. 

He handed me another glass, the dark lighting didn't help to reveal its colour.

"Here. Orange juice." 

I glanced at him. He flashed a smile at me. 

"I know you're underage. I wouldn't want you to get drunk." 

I hesitantly take it out of his hands, tilting the glass back and forth in my hands senselessly. He saw that I was in no rush to drink it and spoke up again. 

"So you've never been here?" 

"No." My small voice echoed out. 

He seemed surprised.