Chapter 16

"The CEO and her are getting married." 

I heard the female voice amidst my awakening. A blurry figure appeared as she leaned over.

I scrutinised her, earning an awkward breaking of eye contact from her. She cleared her throat, and that woke me up. 

It was her. The woman again. That receptionist. 

I took in a quick breath,  sniffing in the pungent scent of medical substances. 

A groan escaped from my lips as I backed myself up against the bed frame. My stiff body felt restrained, but that was the last thing on my mind. I brushed a hand through my loose hair, giving immediate attention to the transparent tubes that were attached to my arms. 

"Miss Kim, please stay down." 

I ripped off the medical tape on my arms, pulling out the syringes secured to my skin. 

"The CEO wouldn't like to see you walking around." 

"What??" 

I swung my legs off the bed before pushing my heavy weight off it. 

"Where the hell am I?" I squinted my eyes at the unfamiliar medical ward. 

My legs trembled as I wobbled around, unable to steady myself. 

"Miss Kim, please just sit down."

The instant question came to my dumbfounded mind.

"Where's Jungkook??" 

"Miss Kim-" 

My eyes shot straight to the wooden chair before me. A neat pile of clothes was stacked upon it. For a moment, I noticed the theme colours of my school uniform amongst the pile. 

I stumbled towards it, pulling out the pieces of clothing as the rest fell to my feet. 

"Miss Kim." 

Before she could get a word out, I was already taking off the hospital gown half asleep. I stopped, noticing the tight restraint on my waist. The white bandage wrap hugged my stomach tight. A hint of pink covered the fabric at the side of my waist. 

The memory of him flashed in my mind. I ignored, remembering what had happened. 

My fingers fidgeted around the buttons of my white school shirt, half undone.  When the clothes had comfortably fitted me, I had realised that they were mine. 

I turned around, meeting her hunched back as she had turned around too, embarrassed.

"How long was I here for?" 

"3 d-days Miss Kim. P-please return to your bed. Mr Jeon wouldn't like- " 

Ignoring her words, I collected the fallen school bow at my feet and swiftly walked out the door. 

I grunted in frustration. White corridors. Again. 

I was still trying to adjust to the fuzziness in my memories. I looked down, feeling the coldness at my feet. I had just realised that I hadn't worn any shoes. I held my bow in my hands, not bothered to tie it around my collar. 

My hand slammed against the wall, palm first. My heavy body followed after, crashing into it. The painful sting in my head was dulling my thoughts. I took in shallow breaths, restrained from the bandage's tightness. 

I lifted my head, squinting my eyes to what's ahead of me. 

Brown doors. 

They brought back a sense of consciousness in me. 

Room 10.

Through the corridor. The first room to the right. Someone said that once.

Wasn't it the woman just then? 

Reality hit me.

I was in the building. The building that I stood in on the first day.

I groaned. I knew this place. How could I forget when I was right here. 

"Sht." I muttered underneath my breath. 

I was locked in here all this time. For 2 weeks straight. 

I looked ahead, seeing nothing but empty corridors. Distant laughter came to my ears. Before long, two figures were strolling towards me. 

The visible heights instantly suggested to me that it was a male and a female. She stuck close, her pink lips smiled wide. 

Something rolled to my bare feet. Its metal clinks rang to my ears. I glanced down briefly. 

A silver ring.

Absentmindedly, I reached down, hooking its warm brim onto my fingers. Visible white diamonds were embedded around it, embellishing the silver. 

I looked up. My hair fell back, resting on my shoulders. 

My breath was caught in my dry throat as my legs went stiff. My body tensed up amidst the moment. I dared not to blink, holding the breath in my lungs. The chilliness from white tiles ran up from the base of my feet, singing up my spine. 

I pushed myself off the wall, steading my stance. 

I shifted my attention, gazing over his familiar features; his rosy lips, that stiff gaze in his eyes. His light brown hair settled over his forehead, not covering his eyebrows completely. 

His name had been on my mind for more than I had expected. 

His firm eyes stared straight into mine, trembling slightly for a second. He licked his lips briskly, watching mine part slightly.

My breath trembled, feeling the air flowing back to my lungs. I lifted the ring onto my fingertips. 

For a split second, a soft murmur spilled from my mouth, but not clear enough to be heard. 

"Jungkook oppa I told you, you bought a size too big."

A girl ran over, holding a black coat in her arms as she hooked her arm with his. 

Sunhee.

From the size of the coat, I assumed that it was his.   

"Can I have that back-?"

My eyes wondered to his hand, tracing over the visible silver ring on his finger. 

I looked back at the smaller sized one that I picked up.

Those woman's words replayed in my mind. It couldn't be a pure coincidence.

I stood still while a mix of confusion and devastation washed over me. 

He was still staring into my faltering eyes.

"Oppa. Do you know her?"

I averted my eyes, breaking our gaze. 

"I'll buy another set." He muttered to her as they turned away.

"But I liked that one." She shook his arm like a child as she pouted.

Jungkook gave her a glance as he let out a small chuckle.

"Fine, fine I'll tell them to make you the same one."

She smiled as she clung on closer to him.

"Whatever makes you happy princess." He smiled at her.

Emotions overwhelmed me as I kept my lips shut, not letting the urge take over me. 

I didn't care if I jumped to conclusions. Millions of questions swarmed around my mind. I was left in a state of absolute dumbfoundedness. 

The ring still hung off my fingertips. The tears threatened to fall. It dropped to the marble floor, clinking metallically.

It wasn't my choice whether to doubt the woman's words or not. 

The evidence was in my hands. 

I waited for you Jungkook.

You didn't.