Chapter 9

"WHAT DID YOU DO?!" I panted between my words. 

"Nothing." 

"JEON FKN JUNGKOOK." 

"I didn't know she was working for them."

"I LOOKED AWAY FOR 3 SECONDS." 

"Long enough for her to flirt with me." 

I groaned in frustration. Running frantically, I turned back to see a dozen men on our tails. 

_10 minutes ago_

We were in a convenience shop, one that was quite deserted. We needed to replenish our lack of supplies. 

Checking through the window pane, I threw on a cap and the huge scarf while Jungkook pulled up his hoodie when I only saw a cashier at the counter. 

Pulling the scarf over the chain, I tugged on Jungkook's hoodie, signaling him to stick close. 

Lowering my head, I walked in with Jungkook beside me. As soon as I set a foot inside the shop, his arm instinctively snaked around my waist while his hand rested on the brim of my skirt.  

I shot him a glare to which he responded to with a playful grin. 

The cashier paid no attention to us, only to the phone she held in her hands. 

Quickly strolling to the food section, I dragged Jungkook along. Finding the quick noodles section, I bent down, picking up a random pack. 

In a split second, I found his hand on my waist again, sliding down gradually. 

"I like the view baby girl." 

Smacking his hand away, I stood up instantly. 

"We're going." 

Placing the item on the counter, I looked down into my bag, reaching for my wallet. 

The cashier eyed Jungkook with a sly smirk on her face. "Hey, hottie."

He set a hand on the counter as she scanned him up and down. 

"You don't need to pay. Give me something else." 

Looking up, I froze when I saw her hand on his cheeks, her fingers sliding across his tilted lips. 

She leaned in closer, locking her gaze on his lips. 

"Your life." She whispered. "Jeon Jungkook." 

All too suddenly, her arm reached behind her back and her fingers were wrapped around a handgun. 

Before she could aim, Jungkook had already knocked it right out of her hands. 

He clutched her forearm, pulling her close to him. 

"I can't give you that, but I can give you something else." He cockily let out, smirking. 

A blush crept up to the woman's cheeks. I heard a number of heavy footsteps coming our way. 

He wasted no time in intertwining his fingers with mine as he sprinted to the shop exit. 

_After_

"I SWEAR 3 DAMN SECONDS!" 

Hurriedly, I stuffed the scarf and cap into my bag.