9

Jun's POV

Jun: Hey! It's Jun.

I nervously tapped my foot on the ground waiting for a reply.

Ming: Hey Jun! I thought you'd never text lol

Jun: Who would ask for someone's number and not text them...

Ming: You're right. How are you?

Jun: I'm good. I was wondering if you would wanna hang out today?

Jun: If you aren't busy...

Ming: Sure! What are we gonna do?

Jun: You'll see! What's your address?

After getting the boys address I got dressed and thought about places good for dates.

Not that it was a date. Although I wished it to be one, but Minghao doesn't have to know that.

I know! We'll go get ice cream and walk around the park or something.

I grabbed my keys and plugged in the address that Minghao gave me.

As I parked in front of the house, my palms suddenly started sweating as if I was about to ask someone to marry me.

I walked up to the porch and rang the doorbell.

Seconds later I heard a lock being open and the door swung wide.

"Jun!"

"Hey Minghao, you look good!"

I realized the words slipped out my mouth, but I didn't regret them for once.

"Thanks but it's just casual clothing. Let's go!"

We got in my car and started driving. Breaking the awkward silence, Minghao talked.

"So where are we going?"

"I just figured we can hang at the park and get some ice cream or something. Ya know?"

"Sounds like fun!"

Keeping my eyes on the road was a difficult task knowing that my crush was sitting next to me.

I took occasional glances until he noticed, saying, "Pay attention to the road not me!"

The ride to the park wasn't as awkward as I thought.

When we got there we walked and talked about complete nonsense, from conversations about school to the people we hated. The topics were never uninteresting.

Minghao finally saw what he wanted, which was the ice cream stand.

He looked at me with excited eyes until he took my hand and started running to the stand.

My heart was racing and my cheeks were heated but not because I was running.

Minghao felt terrible that I bought his ice cream for him but I told him, "Next time we go out you pay. Is that good?"

"Next time?"

My smile faded for a second, "Did you not want a next time?"

The smile of mine that went missing was shortly replenished when he said "Of course I want a next time."

While walking, I realized we were still holding hands.

We were swinging our locked fingers up and down like a swing and I never wanted moments like these to end.

Until Minghao pulled his hand away quickly stating, "Sorry I didn't realize I never let go."

I laughed at his bright red cheeks and said "It's fine it didn't bother me."

For a moment it was silent till I said "We should go, it's getting late."

We walked to the car and I drove him home with a comfortable silence in the car.

I walked him up to him door and said, "I had fun. Let's do something like this again."

To my surprise, he blushed and smiled back at me.

"Ya it was fun. I'll text later you, okay?"

Looking into his eyes I said bye one last time for the night and left.

My heart never raced this much with anyone in my life.

I don't know how this boy managed to make me fall for him so hard.

-----

Thanks for the high reads kittens!

If you don't mind, check out my other book, it's called "ex //meanie"