14

I was always worrying. What if Minghao finds someone else when I'm gone?

What if he loses interest in me and when I come back he doesn't even care to greet me?

Everyday we texted but it felt like we were slowly growing apart. I promised when I'm back we would have the best date ever.

I wasn't sure if the date was gonna happen anymore now. Minghao seemed as if he could care less if I went back to Korea or not.

He seems to text me less often now but maybe he was just busy.

I tried to keep my mind off things as I packed my bags to go back to Korea.

Jun: hey Ming! I'm coming back tomorrow aren't you excited?

Hours went by until I finally got a text back

Ming: yes of course. I'll pick you up at the airport tomorrow.

I was happy he texted back but I didn't feel anything from the text.

Jun: are you busy now? Can I call?

Ming: actually I'm quite busy, let's talk later. If it's important we can talk tomorrow right?

Jun: I guess... see you then babe.

I needed to hear his sweet, smooth voice in my ear and remember how much I missed him but he didn't want to talk.

I guess he's right, we would she each other tomorrow anyway but why did I feel that he didn't want to see me.

It was 2 am now. Maybe Minghao was still up so I can talk. I pressed the number at the top of my call app.

The rings went by quick. 1, 2, 3, 4, and finally on the last ring I heard a groggy "hello?"

"Minghao! You sound manlier." I chuckled.

A pause was on the other for a couple seconds. "Ming! Someone's calling you wake up man."

The voice was soft and tired but deeper than Minghao's. Did I hear that right? He called my Ming, "Ming"?

"Hello? Who is this."

This was a voice I recognized. "Hey baby, it's Junhui."

"Fuck Jun why are you calling at this time?"

"I wanted to hear your beautiful voice. And since when do you cuss? You're gonna get punished for that when I get back you know."

He slightly chuckled on the other line. "By the way Ming, who was that? Earlier that picked up the phone?"

"Just one of my college friends that spent the night."

"Why'd he pick up the phone?"

"Because he was close to it."

My mood slightly shifted. "But you always put your phone next to your bed. Why was he near your bed."

"I only have one bed in this dorm you know."

"And you let him sleep with you on the same bed? Minghao he even called you the nickname I use for you."

"Jun this isn't the time to freak out okay? Ming is a common nickname for me just chill."

"...Minghao, do you still like me?" It was inappropriate to ask him this now but I need to know.

"Junhui what are you talking about. Of course I like you. Listen, when I pick you up tomorrow, we can talk this out then. Get some sleep now, babe."

"Okay. Just be careful with your friend. Don't let him touch you or anything."

I couldn't even close my eyes after that. I mean who does he think he is? He should've sent the boy home or made him sleep on the ground.