Prologue

"So Kaitlain Cassidy! What exactly are we going to do with her body?" Paige asks hysterically.

"Bury it of course. What else?" Kaitlain Cassidy provides a solution.

"But technically, that is a crime." Courtney says "Also, we didn't even kill her" She looks around, her eyes scanning the four girls "Or at least I know I didn't."

"Who's going to believe that? Who's going to believe that we didn't kill her?" Kaitlain Cassidy counteracts.

"Kaitlain has a point Courtney. No one is going to believe that. I find it hard to believe myself." Scarlet joins in.

"But Scarlet we are her friends!" Courtney defends.

"Yes, but she is dead." Kaitlain Cassidy reminds them.

"And we are all here." Scarlet looks around, the night air chilly "That puts all of us at the scene of the crime, making us automatic prime suspects."

"Becca's my best friend guys!" Paige interjects "And she's dead. DEAD. And from what I can see, you two have absolutely no problem burying her. Right?" Paige's pale face goes even more red as she continues "Kaitlain! I know you and Becca are rivals and all but this is extreme. We should be trying to catch her killer! And not trying to cover up this heinous crime. Anyway, for all I know, you could have killed her. You hate her anyway!" Paige screams at Kaitlain Cassidy, staggering towards her in the process.

"Hey! Paige watch your words! I did not kill your dearest best friend. Don't blame me!" She gives her a serious look and then a weary one of realization "Besides, what are you doing in the middle of the woods at this late hour? Just like everyone else?" Kaitlain shouts at Paige.

"Not killing Becca! I can assure you that! What about you?" Paige matches her threatening glare.

"Same!" Kaitlain replies, equally unfazed.

"Guys! Calm the heck down!" Rachel who has been quiet the whole time gets up and goes towards both of them, ending the ruckus in the process "The fact is that my cousin is dead and fighting won't bring her back. Damn! Fighting won't find her damn killer? So what are we doing? Burying her body or turning it over to the police?"

"I know how to settle this!" Kaitlain says "Let's take a vote to decide what to do. You know, majority rules. So all in favor of burying Rebecca say 'I'" A pause ensues until she continues "I'll start. I."

"I!" Scarlet seconds "I am sorry guys, I love Becca and all but not enough to go to jail for her murder especially a murder I did not commit." She stares at Courtney and Paige "Sorry guys but I just have to stick with Kaitlain Cassidy on this one. I definitely cannot afford to go to jail."

"Well I am sorry Scarlet but I don't share that decision. I vote in favour of handing Becca's body over to the police." Paige says.
"I agree with Paige on this one as well. Are you guys crazy? How can you even consider burying her? Scarlet for crying out loud, Becca was your friend! Besides, we are all minors here." Courtney says aggressively.

"So um that automatically exempts us from juvy? Or worse prison?" Kaitlain Cassidy interjects.

"Exactly! Who killed Becca? Us. Proof? We were all here at the scene of the crime. That is exactly what the police will conclude so don't believe or hope otherwise." Scarlet says obviously exhausted.

"And you think that the fact that we 'bury' her won't incriminate us and prove that we have something to do with her death? You really believe that Scarlet?" Courtney shakes Scarlet's shoulders.

"Well, if we do bury her then nobody would even be able to trace us to the crime scene much less actually find any sort of substantial evidence." Kaitlain Cassidy proffers.

"Look, what about when people start to notice that Becca is missing. What then?" Courtney un-grips Scarlet and looks toward Kaitlain Cassidy.

"Well technically, Becca wouldn't be the first missing person in the world." Kaitlain Cassidy answers, rolling her eyes in the process.

"You sure have answers for everything don't you Kaitlain Cassidy?" Paige eyes her suspiciously 

"Well say what you want Paige but I still stand by my vote of burying Becca." Kaitlain returns the gaze.

"Guys this means a deadlock. The final vote will come down to Rachel." Courtney turns towards Rachel "So Rachel, what do you decide to do? Bury your cousin or turn her body over to the police?"

"Guys, please don't make me decide. I just can't, it's just too hard and unlike you guys, Becca is actually my family!" Rachel stares down at her feet and then at each of the four girls, one by one...

"Well, it's a decision you just have to make." Kaitlain says dryly.

"So Rachel, what is your decision?" Paige looks at her, impatient although she already has an idea of Rachel's decision.

And right then and there, the future of five girls rest on the shoulders of one of their own. And the decision she makes drastically alters the course of the rest of their lives......

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Please remember to vote and comment. Thank you✌