~*Ten*~

Courtney and Paige leave Low Wood Ridge as quickly as possible and rush back to Kaitlain Cassidy's silver Ford. They both finally let out a huge sigh of relief when they get into the car, locking the car's doors as quickly as possible.

"I'm glad to be out of Low Wood Ridge." Paige breathes out, her tired green eyes staring at Courtney "Now, let's go home. I really want to get as far away from this place as possible."

Courtney leans over to the back seat and grabs her clutch. She opens it and then pulls out her Oppo phone.

"It's just 10 O' clock." Courtney's eyes become rounded as she looks up from her phone and turns to Paige "That means that if we go to your house and freshen up, we can still make it back in time for the party so everyone can notice we came back and also to talk to the others."

Courtney looks down at her phone again and places it back in her clutch then starts the car. 

"That sounds like a plan." Paige grabs her seat belt and pulls it around herself.

"And also Paige, while I drive please text Kaitlain, Rachel and Scarlet and tell them we had no luck." Courtney says as she puts the car in reverse.

"Sure." Paige pulls her IPhone out of her own purse.

"Now let's get out of here." With that, Courtney drives off.

                                  ~*~*~

Throughout the drive to Paige's mansion, unbroken silence is vibrant in the air. When they get to Paige's house, she leads Courtney through her house and up to her bedroom. Paige goes into her bathroom and takes a quick shower while Courtney brushes up on her makeup, hair and also uses one of Paige's designer perfumes.

Paige chooses another dress. A sky blue knee length tube dress. Courtney decides not to change hers because despite the dust at the bottom, it's still in perfect condition. Paige puts her now ruined dress which is full of wine and mud stains and now anything but white into a basket in her bathroom.

Paige wears her new dress and then re-applies her makeup while Courtney helps her put her long red hair back into a sleek side braid. Once done, Paige takes out a pair of white wedges and they leave. They both get head back to Kaitlain Cassidy's silver Ford and head for the party but this time, unlike earlier, the silence doesn't ensue for long.

"Did you text the others?" Courtney begins, her fingers gripping firmly around the staring wheel as she briefly looks over at Paige who looks unsettled.

"Yes." Paige drawls, her eyes darting towards Courtney "Kaitlain Cassidy even texted back asking us to come back to the party quickly.

"Why?" Courtney asks startled, her forehead creasing "Is there trouble at the party?"

"I don't know." Paige deadpans, her face blank "She didn't say."

"Okay."

"Do you think we will ever find my bracelet?" Paige asks meekly, her eyes fixated on her nails. Her earlier perfectly manicured nails glazed in white nail polish is now chipped around the edges.

"Honestly Paige, I don't know." Courtney lets out a slow breath "But I hope we do. I really hope we do."

"Me too." Paige echoes sadly.

"We'll be back at the party soon Paige." Courtney starts again, making an effort to lighten the mood "And sorry you are back in heels well um technically wedges."

"They are really killing me!" Paige gasps as she reaches down to touch her aching feet, her face twisting into a scowl in the process "But Paige Miller at a party in mere loafers or flats? Never!"