~*Twenty*~

"You're sleeping with my ex."

Those are the first words that a blunt Kaitlain Cassidy greets a sleepy-eyed Trisha as she opens the door for her by 8am.

Trisha's sleepy eyes and clouded vision clears instantly, her pyjamas hugging her body as she gulps staring at her best friend.

If looks could kill, Trisha would be dead because by the way Kaitlain Cassidy looks at Trisha coldly, her expression mildly startling and simply frightening.

"Won't you even let me in?" Kaitlain Cassidy questions and Trisha whose palms are now sweating, pushes the front door hastily for her friend to sardonically stalk in.

"H-how did you find out?" Trisha stammers, her words almost incoherent as she shuts her front door, unable to look in her friend's eyes.

"Remember that little sexy outfit you showed me weeks back?" Kaitlain Cassidy begins, her eyes terrorizing an uncollected Trisha "You know, the sexy lace lingerie you woke me at 5am for because of your 'boyfriend'."

Trisha nods guiltily.

"Well you forgot to mention that your boyfriend happens to be my ex-boyfriend." Kaitlain Cassidy concludes, her hand resting firmly on her hip as she tilts her head to the side in a show of evaluation. "I saw that very picture on Matthew's phone today when he was on call with you."

The guilty look in Trisha's eyes say it all as her jaw slacks knowing she has been found out.

"I wanted to tell you Kay." Trisha starts, her shaky fingers weaving into her tousled black bed-hair "But I know how seriously you take that girl code crap and how the fact you've dated Matt especially considering how you two ended makes him completely off limits to me."

Kaitlain Cassidy scoffs bitterly. So bitterly that Trisha nearly bites her tongue in pain.

"He is off limits to you!" She near yells "But regardless of that, you never should have lied to me! I take trust very seriously and you just broke mine. Such a pity too because you were the only female I could actually call a friend really."

"I'm sorry Kay but technically, I didn't lie to you. I just didn't offer you the truth." Trisha tries to defend, her hands flailing everywhere.

"Is there a difference?" Kaitlain Cassidy stalks towards Trisha, her slow steps taunting until she is only inches away from Trisha's face.

She raises her finger at her "You know the beautiful thing about trust? It takes years to earn and only seconds to break. One of life's biggest ironies really. You are actually one of the only two people that have my complete trust." Kaitlain Cassidy leans into Trisha now, her lips almost grazing Trisha's ear "Unfortunately, you just lost it."

A tear escapes Trisha's eyes as Kaitlain Cassidy takes a step away from her. Trisha casts her gaze downwards as her lips pinch together.

"I-I'm sorry." She apologizes, eyes still cast to the floor as the tear rolls down her cheek.

"Sorry's don't cut it." Kaitlain Cassidy says bitterly, the coldness in her voice more evident by the word "Tell me something. If I didn't find out, would you have even told me?"

"It's not like I didn't want to Kay!" Trisha erupts in a pleading scream, her painful voice piercing through the thin tension-filled air as the tears in her eyes roll ferociously down her cheeks "But you are a very difficult person! I knew you would react like this!"

Kaitlain Cassidy snaps.

"I don't care if I am a difficult person or fucking Hitler! We are friends for a reason! I don't have a lot of those but I do know that when you have a true friend, you don't have the privilege to hide important things like this from them!" Kaitlain Cassidy scowls, her raised voice echoing and stilling the air once she is done.