~*Seventeen*~

New cover above. I love it so much❤. I feel like it fits with the theme of the book!

Thank you so much to  CelineInLove. Love you so much girl! ❤

"Sweetie, I'm off." A dressed up Evelyn tells her daughter Rachel who is splayed over on the couch, a romance novel in hand. She walks over to the front door as Rachel looks up to smile at her, afro puffy from dryness.

Rachel stares at her mother who is dawning a beautiful navy blue dress, her soft brown eyes well defined and she wonders if anyone would be able to link them together as mother and daughter if they didn't know and saw them.

Other than the height, nothing between the two was alike because most of Rachel's genes was taken from her African father. From the skin tone, to the hair to even their eyes, the contrast between the mother and daughter duo was endless.

"Off to your date with Mr Mystery man?" Rachel questions playfully with a wink, setting her romance novel down on the table.

Rachel's mother Evelyn has been dating someone for nearly six months now and Rachel has been curious for an introduction but her mother has been secretive about it. Way too secretive.

"Make sure to lock all the doors before you go to bed honey." Evelyn reminds her and then opens the door.

"Bye mom."

"Bye honey." Evelyn walks out, closing the door behind her.

Rachel gets off the couch grabs the novel and walks towards her bedroom, collapsing on her bed the minute she reaches it.

She always wished she spent Friday nights with people but it was usually like this, in her bed, reading a somewhat raunchy romance novel and cursing her love life or lack there of. 

She reaches for her phone on the side table, lingering on her contacts and wondering who to call but coming up short as always and setting the phone down beside her.

Rachel moves her head to look out the window. Her bed is pushed to the wall for this reason, so she can stare out the window anytime she wants to. Although there is nothing really interesting to look at or else you include Dave's house and the front lawn.

Remembering Dave and seeing the the lights from his bedroom are still on, Rachel rushes off her bed, going to her closet and digging out the metal detector he gave her. Once she has it in her hands, she rushes out of the house and goes to Dave's, knocking gently against the door.

Ever since Courtney called to tell her about the new developments, she'd been wanting to return the metal detector back to Dave. She knows she should have returned it earlier but with her mom gone and no exact plans on a Friday night, maybe it's just company she craved for from pretty much her only friend; Dave.

The door opens, a tired looking Dave greeting a meek Rachel, his hair tousled but dark blue eyes alert.

"Hey, I know it's late but I came to return this." Rachel tells Dave, raising the metal detector off the ground and handing it over to Dave.

"Oh yeah thanks." Dave takes it from her with a smile and a yawn "Want to come in? Mom's in bed and I can make you some hot chocolate if you like."

"Sure."

Rachel enters into Dave's house, the homey smell of wood varnish and baking powder wafting in the air and filling her nose. She moves slowly to the couch, pulling her legs off the ground and pushing it into herself. Dave places the metal detector next to the door and then goes into the kitchen. In two minutes, he comes back with a mug of hot chocolate in his hand. He hands it to Rachel and then sits down beside her.