~*Fourteen*~

This chapter is dedicated to @Cozi-shiz for leaving me so many votes and nice comments and to omo_le for voting as well. Thank you two so much!

Paige Miller closes her front door swiftly, limbs relaxed and skin feeling exuberant and lustrous. The spa did wonders to her otherwise aching joints.

She looks over to Payton whose back is turned as she holds her phone to her ear, hinting at a heated conversation.

"I do not want her anywhere near you! What part of that do you not understand?" Payton yells into the phone, hands placed firmly on her hips.

"I don't care who she is to you. I don't like her. I don't want her near you. Stop talking to her." Payton says harshly, using a crude tone Paige doesn't witness often from her sister and then, as if Payton has eyes behind her head, she turns around swiftly, a stunned expression gracing her face as she looks at her twin "I'll call you back", Payton says into the phone.

With that, Payton cuts the call, her angry and tense features morphing in an instant into a sweet smile, her facial muscles relaxing.

"Paige hey, how was the spa?" Payton questions, a welcoming smile hanging on her thin lips.

"It was great." Paige answers wearily unsure if she should question Payton about who she was just on the phone with that's got her all worked up.

Paige decides against it, coming to the conclusion that any attempt at trying to involve herself in Payton's personal life would have the exact same repercussion in hers and she did not want that. Payton was nosy enough as it is "Well I'll be off to my room."

Paige takes quick steps across the room, wanting nothing more than to relax into the silky smooth covers of her bed but Payton follows behind quickly, calling out Paige's name.

"What do you want now?" Paige snaps, turning around quickly on the stairs to face her sister, eyebrows furrowing as her eyes narrow.

"Before entering your room, I just wanted to inform and warn you that.. "

Paige cuts her off instantly. "Payton please, please, please just tell me later!" Paige moves her head to the side in irritation, her ponytail swaying "As for now, I'm way too relaxed to have you ruin it."

Paige turns around and keeps stalking up the stairs to her room while Payton remains midway on the staircase and yells Paige's name once more in protest.

"Bye Payton." Paige yells out as she goes out of Payton's view, refusing to yield to her sister's insistence.

Paige makes it to her room door and opens it, wanting to flop against her bed instantly as she enters into her room and drops her duffle bag on the floor immediately, shutting the door without looking back at it and walking towards her bed in blissful anticipation.

"Hello Paige." A voice from behind calls, startling Paige instantly and making the blood beneath her skin ripple in fear, her pulse nearly ceasing and her knees almost giving way as she wills herself to turn around slowly, her legs limp and hands suddenly heavy.

"Matt!" She yells out, eyes staring agape at Matthew Bradley, unsure whether to die from the shock engulfing her or not.

"Yes." Matthew drawls, back pressed casually against the wall as he leans backward, his dark brown eyes meeting Paige's stunned ones "Me."

"What are you doing here?" She breathes out hysterically, her heart beating faster as the onset of panic begins to wash over her "In my room?"

Sure Paige always wanted Matthew in her bedroom, dreamt of it since she was fourteen but she never thought it would happen like this. All dark and mysterious and somewhat freakish.