~*Nineteen*~

Brenda's black eyes go from Scarlet to Courtney, never lingering too long on either girl but at the same time, staying long enough to make them tense.

Tension fills the air and as Courtney gazes at Brenda from head toe, she can't help but feel her bottom lip tremble.

Scarlet stares at Brenda as well, her eyes doing a one-over of the teenager's cheerleading outfit and white sneakers. Her black hair is placed in a high ponytail. Dread fills Scarlet immediately as she feels like she is staring at a ghost. Her face pales.

He handbag nearly drops from her hand to the ground when Brenda's striking black eyes move from Courtney to her, remaining on her longer than necessary as if to stalk her, frighten her, taunt her.

The blackness of her eyes bore into Scarlet making Scarlet feel exposed and bare, fright creeping up her spine as she feels her fingers begin to twitch.

And then Brenda blinks.

"Courtney.." Brenda begins, voice low but for her young age, sultry just like her sister.

Courtney gulps.

"Yes?" Courtney forces the words out of her mouth as Brenda moves her prying eyes away from Scarlet. Scarlet's heart beat calms the minute she does while Courtney's does the opposite. It quickens.

"I was wondering if Britany's home." Brenda completes, pushing her backpack into her shoulders more, the black nail polish that matches her eyes glistening.

"S-she's inside." Courtney stammers, her fingers pointing to the inside of her house.

"I'll go see her then."

With that, Brenda walks off. Her steps are light and weightless as she walks away, opening the door closely and getting inside.

After Brenda gets inside, Scarlet and Courtney look towards each other, eyes set ablaze with fright.

"Why does she look exactly like Becca?" Scarlet manages to ask, her question breaking the intense silence between the two girls.

"Because she's Becca's little sister, Brenda." Courtney forces herself to answer, her pulse slowing down and composure slowly seeping back into her veins.

"Woah!" Scarlet breathes out, taking two lofty steps backward at the revelation "Their resemblance is simply uncanny! I felt like I was staring at Becca!"

"She isn't her. Besides that girl is fourteen, eight years younger than Becca." Courtney reassures, handing Scarlet her phone back "We shouldn't be so jumpy."

Scarlet takes her phone back from Courtney, her hands still shaky as she haphazardly places it back into her bag.

"Courtney, I think that girl heard us." Scarlet says, her words coming out shaky and voice uneven.

"Don't jump into conclusions!" Courtney scolds and then she lowers her voice, turning her head left and right to make sure no one is there "If she had, considering we were talking about her sister, she would have asked."

"I don't know Courtney but the way she looked at us wasn't normal. Something is not right with that girl." Scarlet insists, her head shaking in the process.

"Scarlet, you jump into conclusions too quickly. Like those pictures of Kaitlain Cassidy." Courtney points to Scarlet's bag which now holds her phone.

"Kaitlain is hiding something!" Scarlet says brashly, her mind set.

"And you believe this based on a scarf and glasses?" Courtney scoffs, her tone makes Scarlet feel stupid as she folds her hands together in stubbornness, her phone still firmly in her hand "Where did you take that picture from?"