Chapter 2 ~ Light of the Darkness

*Edited 

       There was only darkness.

        There was the constant fear of getting swallowed by it's never ending abyss. But the worst was the light, that taunted anyone who was not worthy enough. It intrigued him, maybe this was how everything was meant to be, that the human world was meant to be. Maybe if it was this way from the beginning she wouldn't be so scared, as if being close to him would break her fragile soul into two.

        Darkness isn't evil, it is soothing and deep, it is just the presence of the damned that gave her the shivers. The enticing girl, who would sit by his side, when they'd walk in the realm of hell she would watch as he tortured the insolent beings and make them live a nightmare while he lived his dream. He was above this all and it made his whole being tremble with anticipation at the thought of the light that hid in her soul. She was pure, and even at the age when sin is above common she kept to herself. 

            He would make her want him. Even if he had to tie her to his bed and have his way. She would want him and be his, and there would be nothing she could do about it.

        So he would wait and when the sun goes down he would bring his bride to him, and kill anyone who got in his way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        It was the most dark she had ever felt. Looking into the eyes of the monster that she came from, even though he was the holiest of a being before.

        The pit of her stomach turned as his eyes searched hers, as if she wasn't his daughter, as if she was just any whore sitting in a mans lap in the bar. Bile rose in Mai's throat as a smirk surfaced on his face, and he sauntered after her like bait. She wasn't recognized. His foot steps grew close and she nervously fingered the cross around her neck as his eyes glimpsed over each piece of visible skin the girl had and it made every fiber in his body come alive to smell her fear. To taste the sweet and thick feeling of it as it wafted through the air.

        He stopped at the table and caressed the girls hand. She was young, much like the seventeen year old girls who disobeyed their parents and found their way to the dark corner of the French Quarters to have a little night adventure, but he'd send her to somewhere that nightmares are a lifestyle and every ones hearts are filled with pain.

       It was when he saw her face, the structure of her bones and the silver beads and cross that hung around her neck. This was his child. She was shaking badly and the man at the bar eyed both cautiously as if he could stop her father from laying a hand on Maisha when the most powerful of witches couldn't even stop that from happening. But he stood and caressed her face with a freezing hand that held nails long dead and rotting.

    "My child, how you have grown. How you have grown to look like her." Mai's father was filled with emotions and although he lacked them they still held onto a love that was long dead and long gone. "My child where is my love?"

        Her face shook and instantly his eyes grew dark. She had not said anything but he knew the moment that her eyes moved to the wood of the booth that she was gone. And that there was no way in hell that he could ever see her again. 

        "Daddy, I know its hard that she's gone, but if you ever loved me, then you'll help. Your only blood needs your help"Her fathers eyes glossed over at hearing his child address him as her father. That's when the lights switched off and that was the last time that she'd ever cherish and forgive her father, because he had already came for her, and now he could enter as he pleased.

        Her fathers hand gripped hers and he pulled her down under the table. Everyone chattered but soon the bar was filled with screams and the clatter of items being thrown around and the distinctive crunching of bones.

        She had no need to cover her eyes for they were shut closed as she was pushed against the wall underneath the booth table, and her father who was tense sat in front of her.  She had let go of his hand and dark waves of hate rolled off of him raising her hair on her arms.

        She knew what he was capable of, and to know that she was surrounded by something more than evil set her teeth on edge. There was silence now and at the thought she'd realized that she was breathing quietly. There was the sound of something heavy prowling around, and both knew it was more than one of them, it was not shifters, and when his body was jerked forward he knew that he'd have to give her up.

        Her body instantly gave her away and as her eyes adjusted to darkness she could see each of the three hell hounds standing tall and flicking there tongues out at the skin off their teeth. The smell of death danced in every corner of the bar. She backed away only to slide into a newly mutilated body and the bile that rose in her throat rushed out, and she heaved what little she had eaten in the days leading to this event.

        He would not be able to come to earth so he sent his pets to take her down. The sour taste of the throw up made her eyes water and her empty stomach churn again. She was promised and her father who had just seen her since she was a child had disappeared into thin air, leaving her in a room filled with dead people and the devils dogs themselves. They weren't going to hurt her and they even seemed a little afraid to touch her. Getting closer they pushed nudged her toward the door which no longer led to the outside world.

        It was like her dream, and it led into nothing but the darkness that spilled through the bar and the feeling she got from feeling their greasy fur. There was no going back and when she got the courage she stepped through the door, only to get pulled in as if sucked up by water.