Chapter 3 ~ Descent II

*Edited

She awoke this time to the same dream. His pale arm hung tightly over her hips, and the little thing covering her parts scraped at her sense and pinching her nerves even more. She had thought this would be the last dream, but she guessed for another night she had escaped his desperate plot to bring her to him. Mai reached out and slowly dragged her way out of his grasp as to not wake the sleeping devil behind her. Little did she know of the way this made his predatory eyes twinkle even more. His sweet little mate trying to wriggle her beautiful body away from him. His grip tightened just a bit as if he was just feeling her motion in his sleep, the dame whimpered making him even more intrigued.

He indulged on the fact that he had his prey basically caught in a trap, one she could never escape, one that none of his brides had escaped before. The beauty froze as if to sate the hunger that she felt against her back now. He was large, in more ways than one and with the lack of clothing it made her shiver in dread of what the intentions of his were in this dream. She could feel him pull back cuddling into her more. For him to be so huge and dangerous this man behind her was a little bit to comfy with her. It made her uncomfortable at her attraction and inquisitive thoughts of seeing her mate even as her stomach churned in fear. She wondered if he looked like the creature that hid under childrens beds at night or the beautifully depicted appearance of an angel.

Mai had prided herself in only seeing the skin on his hands and the deep red eyes that made her quiver upon speaking about them. She knew that this man had way more of an attraction to her, and most of all because of his unsettling need to change her into one piece of clothing at a time. When she looked down she could see the slithering of the sheets even more as they softly rubbed against her legs as if waiting for her to make a wrong move before alarming him of her retreat from the living sheets of the four poster bed. If she had a word for this place it would be far from cozy she had to admit. And it always knocked the breath from her throat to see the moon cast it's bloody glow on everything making her feel as if the sticky substance really ran over her skin.

She dug her nails into the bed pulling away centimeter by centimeter as if not to wake him. He nearly vibrated with amusement. He anticipated the chase, it was something he looked forward to, and no one had to tell him that his precious mate would always be scared prey. He didn't move, she would get out of the bed and back as far away as she could from his beautiful view. She would shake in fear at his hand crafted bed that had all enchantments placed upon it. She hated his life, his beautiful little mate, he would hate it to if he was her, but she can't be rude can she. Not when he picked out as much of the valuable furniture for her. He needed no sleep, from now on she would appreciate everything he does for her.

Mai finally tethered herself away from him, and his arm slid away from her waist. It had taken longer to get away from his grip and that meant that she had even less time to get out of this state before he would awaken and she dreaded catching a sight of the man and slipping into the grip of an unstable lust. She slipped out of the sheets glad that the hissing inside the rich cloth didn't grow like in a different occasion. Okay, think. She begin crossing off escapes and hiding places in the large room. It was too big for her taste, in her home mediocre was just enough to be comfortable not constantly in the lap of luxury but then again this was her home. Her eyes looked nervously toward the large and looming wooden door and her only other escape as she scrambled to it clutching the handle.

Tugging on the steel door handle, it creaked slightly at her touch throwing Mai's heart into overdrive , dread gnawed away in the pit of her being. The large doors loomed forward as she pulled more to just a sliver, and hoped that there was no more darkness. The dark wore at her nerves like a veil of fog over a city, it was chilly and made you disoriented, yet she had never known the truth of her irrational fear. Maybe her body had experienced so much darkness that it repelled to any thought of lurking darkness. Mai was willing to accept it as she saw nothing but desolate and empty black, maybe this was her punishment for being so cowardly. God damn it, she'd rather be running the dark streets of the New Orleans french quarters than in this place.