Chapter 3 ~ Descent

*Edited

Have you ever dipped your hands into a pot filled with death. Not being able to move as if you were stuck in some type of syrup or unable to open your eyes no matter how hard you try. She was stuck and no matter how much she wished to open her mouth and take a big gulp of oxygen but it felt as if someone had put a bunch of gorilla glue on her lips. She had nothing to think about, it was only a constant fear, or you could call it a constant panic. She had heard of it, the decent into hell and it scared her witless, while this felt like eternity the upside world would be waking up to the feel of the sun shining down on their skin and birds chirping.

She fought down tears because she knew even if they gathered she couldn't release them, she could hear tortured cries below her and the sound of flesh ripping. There were noises all around but as the noises got closer and Mai could feel the heat underneath her that seared at her feet she couldn't help but feel that he still watched her. The skin fell off and peeled creating an excruciating scream to rip out of her and the skin of her lips to tear as blood dripped down from them and coated her chin. When she swear her legs were so near the fires of hell and she let out the most terrifying screams that she could. A hand gripped roughly on her shoulder and suddenly Maisha was jolted knocking herself out of her dream.

Her eyes opened and focused on a white ceiling. As she lifted her hand to help her up she noticed where she was, and for the first time she realized that everything was a dream. It couldn't be real, not when she had just seen her mother this morning, and she had seen Mrs.Roberto ride the trolley back to the 3rd ward. That was what she would tell her mother of her nightmare. She sat up and found it to be morning. The smell of eggs and bacon permeated the air and she took a big whiff allowing the salty smell along with the smell of blooming the Cyprus' sweet tendrils to flow through her nostrils. Her mothers favorite song reached her ears and she dragged her feet out of the bed and looked happy at the skin that was intact on her foot.

The furry white bunny slippers her Uncle Will had given to her sat against her foot the faux hair tickling her feet and making her almost giggle in glee. She hopped out of the bed and pushed the door open only to see Auntie Kay sat humming and looked ahead at the empty chair as if waiting for Mai to jump to the seat and devour the breakfast on the counter. Except her Auntie Kay had died quite a while ago, and the beast in front of her was something that nearly stopped her heart.

It was real. Her head spun as it snapped back to reality, proving that no matter how much her life kept throwing her for a curve ball she kept swinging for it as the strikes piled up near her feet each time. Seeing Auntie Kay sitting there knocked all the breath of hope or love from her lungs. And the illusion disappeared. Mai knew where she was, and hell there was no way that she was getting out anytime soon.

Purgatory; A place in Catholic beliefs often known as Limbo, where souls are sent as retribution for their sins, Yet the only way to be forgiven for your sins is through countless years of sorrow and pain. Maybe god had pulled Auntie Kay out of the burning pits of hell to sit by her younger sister in heaven's light. It wasn't fair that she would have to do this when she had not even met her time yet. Her mate was pulling her by her hair screaming and kicking into his home. Her Aunt looked up at her and Mai cringed as she saw what had happened to her eyes. Instead of there normal mahogany brown they were pulsing red with anger and hate.

Maybe her Aunt wasn't there to help her, but to drag her back to hell with her, somewhere she had once been destined to be. She smiled and her teeth had been tinted red as if they had met some poor beings flesh. And her normally relaxed and beautiful hair was long worn away into a mess of black beetles that traveled through the part in her hair as her body shook as if she were in the coldest place on Earth. The aroma of decaying earth and matter clung to her. She was still wearing the cloak that momma had knitted after Rachels death and her pants were burned as if someone had pushed her into the old wooden oven in the kitchen. Auntie Kay looked upon her like she was a fire roasted turkey and it made her dreadfully uncomfortable.

"Child has come home, expecting a mother

No man, or mother shall save no child

And this child shall have no run left

No more runnin' from no god who want her

Neicee can't run from my god"

The voice that left her Aunts peeled and chapped lips was an echo left in a broken shell. Her Auntie Kay was never one for games, but whatever demon that inhabited her body had a toy chest deeper the the waters of earth. And even when she was a little girl she had hated horsing around. Only her aunt would call her neicee and it bothered her that the thing could access her aunt's most valued name for her. It had spoken in riddles, but it didn't stop her from understanding what it meant. It was telling her something she already knew and it cackled as she paced around it. The demon twisted and followed her every move. It almost made her want to heave at the sight of her aunts neck in the odd angle.

"I'm not scared of you or your master, for there is only one god, and he sure as hell isn't him."It eyed me and hissed as I mentioned the name of god, if it wanted to play we'd have to take out my toy chest then, because I've always been a cheater at games.

"Child is weak,

There is no way for weak, no path

Neicee will be lost before her powers

Face Saraswati's tounge, and be coded

with her fathers hand of power

And Kemets golden grace"

It's mouth opened once more to release a hissing laugh with a fiery red forked tongue. Her hands clenched together and she had the urge to hit the damn thing, but somewhere deep in there was Auntie Kay suffering as it made every tiny move. Maisha remembered that at least. When a demon possesses any living thing on earth it hurts a whole lot more than claiming in exorcism movies. And even if they break bones and hurt they never stop and hurt, the human does. That's why in the human world it's forbidden to practice exorcisms, because when deprived of the demon, all injuries and other happening are burdened on the fragile human body.

It wasn't fair, what had she done in some past life to deserve this cruel punishment. What had her ancestors promised this Angel of Death? Or how could someone have condemned her to such a cruel fate? Saraswati was an Indian goddess who cast protection, the demon knew of her mothers practices and of her heritage as one of the first true casters of kemet. The true name of her covens origin. It was no longer appealing to play it's game and the damn thing knew it was getting to her. She guessed that's why it was shooting the vile smirk at her.

The demon reached for the food that along with it's surroundings now had a disgusting new form. On the plate was a wriggling Caterpillar covered in a black substance. The thing was smoking as if cooked and the smell of breakfast turned into the smell of disease and rotting. She backed away as the demon stuck out the food offering it to her. If she ate that she'd be stuck. It was no lie how if something was eaten in a different dimension it would keep you captive if you had no powers. And right now Mai might as well have been considered mortal.

She shuffled back as it stuck its arm far out straining to grab her and the room peeled at the edges like a rotting book. In the pit of her stomach a new terror arose as she fell backwards more into darkness. But not before she caught a glimspe of a red moon casting a bloody glow over her body.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey it's me, and I really hope you enjoyed this sneak peak, and don't forget to vote comment and leave me any feedback you think I need, this section was horrible to me but I guess I should stop whining if y'all like it, yet the next part is off the hook, I had my bestie proofread it and everything(P.S She hates reading ).

~Darrielle

Next Update: Friday March 7, 2014