Chapter 8

Elena POV

Looking down at my wrist watch, "Jeremy, Bianca has been out longer than she said she would be..." frowning with worry I looked up for my little brother’s reaction.

Not even acknowledging me, his eyes still glued to his sketch pad, he continued to smother himself in his stupid teenage guy head of his.

Sick of his irritating behaviour, I marched directly in front of him, pulling his sketch pad from under him holding it high above my head once I had got his attention.

"What the hell, Elena?!" finding some way to scowl, grunt and huff at the same time.

"Jeremy Gilbert, how could you not care to notice that our new family member is not here?"

Hands on hips, in official elder sister mode.

Disappointed stare, now.

"Of course I care, she told us that she would be out for a run for a couple of hours, give the girl a break..."

"Yes, Jeremy, you are correct. However, it has now been way past a couple of hours. She left at like 11am and now it is 5:33pm."

Jeremy POV

Where could she have gone in that amount of time?

What are we going to do if someone's taken her?

Klaus is always out to get Elena in some way, maybe he kidnapped Bi-Bi to get to us (yes, I now have a nick-name for her in my head).

I will not allow another member of my family to be taken from me.

With my overrun mind, I came to my resolve.

I stood up robotically and headed to the front door.

"Jeremy Eugene Gilbert! Where the hell do you think you're going?! We're already missing one sibling; I don't want you running off now too!"

Rushing after me and tugging on the hood of my jacket, I turned harshly trying to get her to leave me alone so I could find Bianca.

In turning however, I noticed for the first time in our conversation the real devastating worry on Elena's face.

Her bottom lip was quivering in her tell-tale sign of panic.

Just how she was months after Mum and Dad ... left, "Elena, sis," holding both of her quivering hands in mine, knowing she was thinking the same scared thoughts I was, "I am going to go out and bring our new sister back to us." she gasped, looking directly into my eyes, the spark of realisation in her eyes told me she knew, she knew I cared.

I walked out of our front door and headed down the path into the forest.

Elena POV

In proud shock, I staggered back into the kitchen to find Jeremy's sketch pad on the floor where it must have fallen from my raised hand during my rant of panic.

Curious as to what had caught my little brother's attention so much, I flipped over the front cover to see what he had spent so much time drawing.

An intense warmth spread through my chest, it was a drawing of us.

Me. Jeremy. Bianca.

Standing together with Jeremy's arms around us. All smiling. Happy. Human. Family.

I could have cried, I didn't realise how much he cared.

He had lost so much, I didn't think he could ever love again; I felt like I'd failed him, before I saw this picture.

Grabbing my phone from the counter I dialled the only number I could in this situation.

"Stefan, I need you to help me find Bianca." my voice strained, I struggled to even get those few words out.

A sigh came through the line, I could imagine the frown lines forming on his forehead, "Stefan, what is it? What have you found?" panic flooding through me again.

"Elena, she's here at the Boarding House."

Smiling hugely in relief I rushed out my words, "Oh my god, I'm coming straight away! Where did you find her? Did Jeremy ask for your help? Oh no, I bet Jeremy's still out there, he went to go find her himself a few minutes ago. Is she ok? How is--"

"Elena, stop. There's something else, Damon has her and--"

"WHAT?!"

"That's not all, Elena, I've never seen anything like it, I've never known anything like it--"

"Stefan, tell me what's going on now! That is my sister and if she is harmed--"

"Just get here. As fast as you can, I think she's waking up. I have a feeling Damon knows something about this, he's acting far too cocky and smug for anyone's liking."